Aug 23rd is a big day for the cycling world as the Men’s Cross Country race takes to the Laoshan Mtn bike coarse.
Roel Paulissen, Jakob Fuglsang and Kashi Leuchs of the Cannondale-Vredestein Mountain Bike Racing Team will all line up for the Olympic Cross Country event aboard this special superlight Olympic Edition Scalpel.
Cannondale’s engineers and those of our technical partners worked in conjunction with the Cannondale-Vredestein racers to deliver these highly optimized bicycles in support of their Olympic dreams.
Details of the 8.8 kg bike’s weight-saving features include:
- the Scalpel’s Zero Pivot optimized chainstays
- high modulus carbon layers
- raw carbon finish (no paint) and lightweight personalized national decal kits
- HeadShok Lefty, ride tuned and race optimized by 88+
- Cannondale’s Si SL 2×9 mountain crankset with ceramic bearings
- Vredestein prototype Black Panther tubular tires
- Mavic’s prototype tubular wheelset
Cannondale/Vredestein races and wins aboard the Cannondale Scalpel featuring System Innovation and the HeadShok Lefty suspension fork! They are supported by a winning team of technical sponsors: Vredestein, SRAM, Mavic, Avid, FSA, fi:zi’k and Crank Brothers.
source: Bill Rudell