2013 Pivot Mach 429
A light weight 29er Cross Country Race, Marathon, and Trail bike with performance and versatility that everyone can appreciate.
The Mach 429 exhibits world class pedaling performance for top level cross-country riders.
- Tapered headtube
- 142 X 12mm through axle design
- Forged 7075-T6 derailleur hanger with integrated axle nut.
- 160mm rear post mount.
- 92mm wide bb shell, compatible with Shimano, SRAM/TruVativ GXP, FSA, and Enduro bottom brackets. 92mm shell allows for wider pivots and better bearing support for increased frame strength and stiffness while maintaining better control over the chain-line.
- Direct mount FD accommodates Shimano 9 and 10 speed. Fully compatible with SRAM (S3) XX front derailleurs and 3X as well as 2X drive train configurations from both SRAM and Shimano. The direct mount design ensures perfect front derailleur location, easier set up, a more rigid mount for the most efficient front shifting possible.
- New shock tab design w/ integrated cable guides and clean cable routing as well as a cleaner look and lighter weight.
- New Pivot ISCG 05 adaptor plate compatibility for use with single ring riders.
- 100mm or 120mm fork compatibility.
- Colors: Blue Anodized, Black anodized, Powder coat White with blue/black graphics.
- dw-link suspension design with position sensitive anti-squat
- Fully active under braking
- 100mm rear travel
- FOX Factory CTD with Trail Adjustable Boost Valve Kashima shock. Custom valved and tuned specifically for Pivot, the new Fox CTD shock incorporates the widest range of adjustment and smoothest action any air shock ever developed.
- “C” or full pro-pedal mode incorporates the highest level of damping. This setting is very close to a lock out mode and is perfect for the pavement ride to the trail and ultra smooth fire roads.
- “T”, the Trail mode or middle setting mode has three levels of platform damping that can be pre-set so that the rider is able to quickly switch between the CTD settings with a preferred Trail firmness for maximum pedaling efficiency. All settings feature a very light blow off valve to allow the suspension to quickly react to the terrain.
- “D” mode is the plushest setting that shuts off all platform damping for the most open and reactive setting. We recomend the open mode for most situations (climbing and descending) and Trail 1 or 2 for XC racing.