2013 Pivot Mach 5.7
The best pedaling trail bike on the market!
- dw-link suspension design with position sensitive anti-squat
- 5.7” (145mm) rear travel
- Flatter spring curve to take greater advantage of the Boost Valve and allows for a smoother transition into the middle of the travel.
- FOX Factory CTD with Trail Adjustable Boost Valve Kashima shock. Custom valved and tuned specifically for Pivot, the new Fox CTD shock incorporates the widest range of adjustment and smoothest action any air shock ever developed.
- “C” or full pro-pedal mode incorporates the highest level of damping. This setting is very close to a lock out mode and is perfect for the pavement ride to the trail and ultra smooth fire roads. “T”, the Trail mode or middle setting mode has three levels of platform damping that can be pre-set so that the rider is able to quickly switch between the CTD settings with a preferred Trail firmness for maximum pedaling efficiency. All settings feature a very light blow off valve to allow the suspension to quickly react to the terrain. “D” mode is the plushest setting that shuts off all platform damping for the most open and reactive setting. We prefer the Trail 1 mode for most situations (climbing and descending) and Trail 2 for XC/24hr racing , and open for going down really steep stuff.
Geometry and Handling:
The 5.7’s relaxed 67.1 degree head angle (with 150mm travel fork), and low bottom bracket height, make for great cornering and increased stability and increased rider confidence on the trail and on the race course.
The dw-link’s position sensitive anti-squat allows us to achieve the stable handling and increased cornering benefits of the lower bottom bracket with more travel than other bikes in the category. All with better pedaling efficiency, and a plusher feel.
As with all Pivot frames, frame stiffness and durability are a key part of all our designs.
- The Mach 5.7 has increased diameter top and down tubes and is more compact for greater front triangle torsional stiffness.
- Rear swingarm is a more compact triangle featuring new forged C-channel uprights and hydro-formed cross brace. The new design adds significant stiffness and reduces weight.
- Carbon reinforced lower dw-link uses 4 sets of double row cartridge bearings for maximum durability and frame stiffness.
- 142 X 12mm through axle design featuring a forged 7075-T6 derailleur hanger with integrated axle nut.
- 160mm rear post mount.
- Special 4 place under top tube cable guide with dropper seat post cable routing.
- Special rubberized leather chainstay, inner seat stay, and down tube protectors for a quiet ride and higher impact resistance.
- Direct Mount front derailleur design accommodates Shimano and SRAM systems. The direct mount design, easies set up, and provides a more rigid mount for the most efficient front shifting possible.
- 140mm or 150mm fork compatibility.
- Tapered 1.5” headtube
- 92mm wide bb shell, compatible with Shimano, SRAM/TruVativ GXP, FSA, and Enduro bottom brackets. 92mm shell allows for wider pivots and better bearing support for increased frame strength and stiffness while maintaining better control over the chain-line.