2013 Pivot Firebird
The ultimate trail bike for going up and down.
- DW-link suspension design with position sensitive anti-squat
- 6.6” (167mm) rear travel
- Flatter spring curve to takes greater advantage of the Boost Valve and allows for a smoother transition into the middle of the travel.
- Rearward wheel travel path for incredible square edge bump performance and unparalleled pedaling performance.
- The Firebird’s dw-link design has the DNA of 6 DH World Championships under its belt, and its gravity-based heritage is clearly evident in the bike’s incredible descending skills.
- We’ve built a bike that can climb as well as it descends. The dw-link’s position-sensitive anti-squat characteristics make for exceptional climbing and snappy acceleration.
- The Firebird (like many bikes in our line) is all about versatility; allowing riders to do everything from 24 hour endurance races, to park/gravity riding, to the occasional DH race. Kyle Strait has competed in a variety of events aboard the bike but its real home is aggressive trails where the ride up is just as technical as the ride down.
- Flatter spring curve to take greater advantage of the Boost Valve and allows for a smoother transition into the middle of the travel.
- FOX Factory CTD with Trail Adjustable Boost Valve Kashima shock. Custom valved and tuned specifically for Pivot, the new Fox CTD shock incorporates the widest range of adjustment and smoothest action any air shock ever developed.
- “C” or full pro-pedal mode incorporates the highest level of damping. This setting is very close to a lock out mode and is perfect for the pavement ride to the trail and ultra smooth fire roads. “T”, the Trail mode or middle setting mode has three levels of platform damping that can be pre-set so that the rider is able to quickly switch between the CTD settings with a preferred Trail firmness for maximum pedaling efficiency. We prefer 1 for most situations (climbing and descending) and 2 for more XC style rides. All settings feature a very light blow off valve to allow the suspension to react to the terrain. “D” mode is the plushest setting that shuts off all platform damping for the most open and reactive setting.
- Kashima coat DHX-5.0 XV air also available as an upgrade.
Geometry and Handling:
The Firebird features a relaxed 67 degree head angle, and low bottom bracket height, make for great cornering and increased stability and increased rider confidence on the trail and on the race course.
Full 1.5 headtube accepts the Cane Creek Angleset, allowing the rider to further tune the handling. Several Firebird models now come with the Angleset as part of the stock build.
The DW-link’s position sensitive anti-squat allows us to achieve the stable handling and increased cornering benefits with more travel and a lower bottom bracket height than other bikes in the category. All with better pedaling efficiency, and a plusher feel.
- 1.5” headtube
- Lower mounted floating shock design allows the suspension to react to the terrain more freely and also results in a low stand-over height making for a more compact frame with a lower center of gravity and an overall increase in frame stiffness.
- 73mm threaded BB shell compatible with all threaded BB designs for maximum compatibility with products in the long travel trail/gravity category.
- ISCG O5 mounts included for single ring and chain guide compatibility.
- Patented floating front derailleur mount accepts Shimano e-type derailleur designs. The floating front derailleur mount allows for a lighter, stronger frame design because the chainstay can run in line with the center of the bottom bracket without derailleur clearance issues. In addition the Pivot FFD keeps the chain in the sweet spot of the derailleur for better chain retention.
- We now offer a custom MRP LRP 2 ring shift guide that works in conjunction with the FFD for perfect shifting performance and worry free chain retention in even the roughest conditions.
- New 142mm X 12mm through axle
- 160mm to 180mm fork compatibility.
- Colors: Black anodized, Powder coat White with Blue/Black graphics, Powder coat White with Red/Black graphics and Powder coat White with Green/Black graphics.