Sharon on the National Trail South Mountain.
The Pivot Firebird is a super fun and poppy bike. It is really responsive to rider input both climbing and descending. Not many bikes weighing 31lbs with 6.7inches of travel would provide such a stiff, responsive predictable ride. Paired with the quality crafted frame ( tough enough to handle rocky, rooty, technical and occassional bikepark use), the 27.5 version is faster and more stable then its 26inch sibling.
If you were forced to choose one bike for all your riding needs, this could be it. Light and efficient enough for long pedaling rides, tough enough for burly descents.
Next question, when is the Carbon version coming out?
- Frame Set: oversized, triple butted, hydro-formed 6061 aluminum
- Fork: Fox FLOAT 34 Kashima 160mm
- Shock: Fox CTD or DHX Kashima coated shock
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large
- Color: Anodized Black or Rootbeer
- Weight: Medium frame – 7.1lbs.
As per build kit.
Geometry (Medium Size)
- Standover: 28.75in
- Head Tube Angle: 66
- Seat Tube Angle: 71.5
- Theoretical Top Tube Length: 23in
- Bottom Bracket Height: 14.1in
- Chainstay Length: 17.25in
- Wheelbase: 44.3in