Rockshox hunkered down for six years in their Colorado R&D facility to recreate their Vivid rear shocks. They redesigned their air and spring shock versions to be the most supple and capable rear shocks available today. Maximizing traction and control was their goal and we will find out soon if they have achieved it.
But alas, there is a catch. You need to have a professional downhill racing license to buy it. We checked the date and it is not April 1 so we’ll just have to take their word for it.
- Counter Measure negative spring
- Rapid Recovery damping
- Ergonomic adjustment dials
- Better oil flow paths
- Adjustments: separate beginning and ending stroke rebound, compression
- Weight: Vivid Air – 402 grams, Vivid Coil – 520 grams
- MSRP: Vivid Air – $674, Vivid Coil – $430