After over two years of development and testing we are happy to announce that we are making the Slayer Slopestyle available for purchase in 2013 in both complete bike and frame only.
The Slayer SS has more R&D ride testing time than any other bike in our history. If we had a nickel for every time we’ve been asked when we’d finally release it to the public, we’d have a lot of nickels. We hope you’ll agree that the 2013 Rocky Mountain Slayer SS was worth the wait.
Factory riders Geoff Gulevich, Jordie Lunn, Jarrett Moore, and Wink Grant have worked closely with our R&D department—obsessing over the geometry, shaving unnecessary weight, and testing a variety of designs—to deliver what we believe is the best slopestyle package on the market. An example of one feature they demanded was waterbottle braze-ons on the downtube to mount their shifters out of the way & protected during contest runs.
The short, 406mm (16”) chainstays keep things playful, while the roomy 610mm (24”) effective top-tube length lets you throw the bars even if you run ‘em uncut. Dual slalom? Absolutely. Want to set it up with a dropper post for some trail shredding? Don’t see why not. And, with 100mm of stiff, custom-tuned rear travel the Slayer SS is as comfortable cruising through your local dirt-jump set as it is cork-flipping the cabin stepdown at Crankworx.
The Slayer SS uses our patented SmoothLink™ suspension system. In contrast to many single pivot SS frames on the market, the Slayer SS has is pedal neutral and has a progressive suspension curve.
Please see attached for detailed specs and a selection of studio and action photos.
Key Features & Geometry
- FORM™ 7005 Series Hydroformed Frame – Proven Slayer Tubeset
- Smoothlink™ Suspension – no bobbing around or falling-rate suspension like other designs
- Manitou Circus Expert Fork – easy to lower, easy to tune super stiff & progressive, and tough-yet-light
- RockShox Monarch R – with custom slopestyle tune: most progressive, firmest compression
- RaceFace Bar & Stem
- Sun Inferno 27 Rims
- Tapered Head Tube
- ISCG 03 Tabs
- 30.9mm Seat Tube – seat-collar included in frameset
- 142 x 12 Thru-Axle – axle included in frameset
- 69° Headtube Angle
- 406mm (16”) Chainstay Length
- 610mm (24”) Effective Top-tube Length
- 25mm BB Drop
Please come see it for yourself in person at Crankworx, both at our booth and under Gully in the slopestyle finals.
Source: Peter Vallance