MTBR Light Meter Measurements:
This light is advertised at 950 lumens and it measured 74 lux on our meter. Measured lumen output is 708 so it is a bit optimistic on the claimed rating.
The good news is we put on the wide lens and the light measured a hair brighter on our lux meter. This is pleasantly surprising but the wide center spot seems to reflect more light in our test room. It looks brighter too to the naked eye so we wholeheartedly recommend the wide reflector.
- Extremely rugged construction
- Beautiful beam pattern with a wide halo
- Included wide reflector is a bonus and very desirable for bike use
- Weatherproof and waterproof up to 33 feet
- Long run time of 3 hours
- Use of zip ties for mounting
- Light head unit is a huge compared to the competition
- It is outflanked by the Double Stryk and the Strykr SL
It is a solid light but the Double STryk is a much better light and a better value. The SL is sleeker and more versatile.
Beam Pattern Photos:
4.25 out of 5 Stars
4.75 out of 5 Stars
Mtbr Lights Shootout Main Page »
2012 Bike Lights Shootout »
Backyard Beam Pattern Comparisons »
Trail Beam Pattern Comparisons »
Light Meter Measurements »
Mtbr Lights Reviews »
Mtbr Lights Forum »