The CamelBak Charge 10 LR is a superb pack, and synergy of the lumbar design, low slung reservoir, conformable back panel and hip belt, and functional suspension system makes for a fantastically stable and comfortable entity. The pack adheres to your back, like its attached with Velcro, and it carries the weight centered properly on your hips, lower back and lumbar. It seems to all but disappears, and during any type of extreme riding it didn’t flop or bounce around. The lumbar compression straps helped pull the bottom of the pack into the back when the reservoir started to shrink in size, and it was useful for doing customized load and fit trimming. Besides the exceptional load carrying and stability characteristics, the pack had some other excellent features, including helmet hooks, the main compartments clam shell opening and mesh pockets, the roomy side cargo pockets, and the stretchy back overflow sleeve. The 70 oz (2 L) of water is fine for short rides, and the storage space works adequately, especially when adding in the rear sleeve.
The Antidote lumbar reservoir was easy to clean, and install in the pack, but it was cumbersome to fill (especially re-filling) and difficult to dry properly, and the Quick Link’s button got stiff with age. I would have liked a keychain hook in the hip cargo pockets for convenience.
The Charge 10 LR’s innovative design, lightweight materials, soft padding, and its highly flexible nature, create a plush and comfortable pack, and it becomes one with the back, and has just enough space for moderate rides.
- Antidote bladder system
- Comfortable, conformable and nicely padded
- Weight and pack disappear
- No flopping and bouncing around
- Clam shell opening
- Lumbar compression straps
- Main compartments mesh pockets
- Overflow sleeve
- Helmet hooks
- Cargo pockets need a keychain hook
- Reservoir difficult to dry
- Reservoir cumbersome to fill/re-fill
- Quick connect button gets stiff with age
Overall Rating: 5 Flamin’ Chili Peppers
Charge 10 LR Specs:
- MSRP $110
- Ultralight lumbar reservoir pack for light and fast rides.
- Antidote Reservoir with Quick Link System
- Capacity: 10L (8L + 2L Reservoir)
- Pack weight: 0.45kg
- Pack dimensions: 50 x 58 x 15cm
- Back panel: LV
- Harness: Ultralight 3-D Mesh Independent Suspension™
- Belt: Fixed 25mm with cargo pockets
- Features: Ultralight materials, Bike tool organizer pocket, Helmet hook, Stretch overflow storage, Lumbar compression, Media pocket
- Fabric: 40D Diamond Ripstop, 230D Taffeta & 210D Nylon with DWR + 1000 mm PU + Silicon