MTBR Light Meter Measurements:
This light measured 133 lux ont the MTBR Lux setup. This is competitive at this price point and is in line with other lights in this price point and claimed lumens. The other lights in its range are:
|Light||Price||Claimed Lumen||Measured Lux|
|Light and Motion Seca 1400||$700.00||1400||112|
|Lupine Wilma 6||$695.00||1200||113|
|Niterider Pro 1500||$350.00||1500||115|
|Serfas True 1500||$390.00||1500||133|
|Trail Torch TT1800||$395.00||1800||133|
|Exposure Six Pack||$600.00||1925||135|
The Beam Pattern
At the end of the day, it’s really all about the beam pattern. And the TT1800 delivers with a wide, long beam that is very even. There’s no hotspots or artifacts in the pattern. It’s clean and the throw is excellent. At high speed, this light really delivers as you can see a long way, yet the periphery is lt up as well. The beam pattern is more rectangular rather than round and that’s a good thing. That means the optics have been designed to point the light at the trail to make use of all this available light.
- Extremely high, hand-made quality
- Light output is bright and competitive with products in its price range
- Beam pattern is bright, wide and square-shaped
- 2.5 hour run time on high
- Very good heat dissipation
- Excellent electronics that keep light output constant and manage heat well if necessary.
- Very good connectors
- 12 volt DC power allows some options like plugging it in a car battery and other sources.
- Battery form factor is a bit big and could be packaged better
Note: We had some concerns about no smaller battery available but that will be availalble in a couple weeks. Also, we wished for just a slightly wider beam pattern but that is being addressed as well with a lens option.
This is a very well made product from CandlePower and we would like to see more products from this company. If you want one of the brightest helmet lights around, this is a great choice.
Beam Pattern Photos:
4.5 out of 5 Stars
4.75 out of 5 Stars
Mtbr Lights Shootout Main Page »
2012 Bike Lights Shootout »
Backyard Beam Pattern Comparisons »
Trail Beam Pattern Comparisons »
Light Meter Measurements »
Mtbr Lights Reviews »
Mtbr Lights Forum »