Prestigious Award Received for the 4th Year Running
Clif Bar and Company is honored to be recognized for the fourth year running as one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work.” Outside Magazine is America’s leading active lifestyle magazine, with over two million readers a month.
This year’s award focuses on Clif Bar and Company’s aspiration to support the community, highlighting two key Clif programs that encourage people outside the company to do good. The In Good Company program partners Clif employees with 11 community-minded companies to make a difference in their communities through hands-on action and the 2 Mile Challenge encourages people from across the country to log miles travelled during short bike trips to compete for a $35,000 donation to a favorite charity.
Additionally, within the company, the people of Clif enjoy many benefits that help them sustain the community and the planet:
“Cool Commute” Program:
- The nation’s first-ever biodiesel incentive program provides employees with a $6,500 taxable cash incentive towards the purchase of a vehicle that runs on B100 for at least six months of the year
- Incentives towards the purchase of a natural gas-fueled or high mileage hybrid
- $500 incentive towards the purchase of a commuter bike or to make commuter modifications to an existing bike
- Additional incentives for walking, carpooling or taking public transportation
“Cool Home” Program
- Up to $1000 annually for eco-home improvements such as replacing primary appliances with Energy Star appliances, installing solar panels or switching to energy-efficient windows
- Nearly ten years ago, Clif employees set out to donate 2080 man hours per year to charitable work—the equivalent of one full-time employee’s hours. In 2010, the company donated over 5,200 hours. Clif people choose the charities that resonate with their own interests- like the Breast Cancer Fund, Mom and Pop Green and Meals on Wheels
If YOU think YOU might like to work for a company like ClifBar that’s leading the charge to sustain its people, its community and the planet through innovative work/life programs, check out their job listings at: http://www.clifbar.com/employment/
Source: Double Forte PR