Darn Tough Vermont socks has raised a bar that seemed it couldn’t go any higher. Their new Light Cushion Bike sock is half the wool yarn weight of existing styles, making these new socks lighter while still retaining the high-density cushioning Darn Tough is known for. Thinner, 17.5 micron Merino wool yarns are softer and longer while 1441 stitches per square inch make the sock stronger overall.
Like a cross between Darn Tough’s Ultra-Light and Cushion sock, the new Light Cushion socks are ideal for the performance cyclist who wears form-fitting footwear but prefers some under-foot cushion without bulk. Available in both 1/4 length and no-show with a new articulating ankle cuff. Plus, we’ll have new Men’s and Women’s ¾ Crew Mesh Bike socks in stylish new colors and designs.
- Made in Vermont, USA
- Unconditionally Guaranteed for Life!
- True-Seamless™ toe closure
- Highest density knitting in the Industry
- Light-weight Merino wool yarns (17.5 microns)
- Antimicrobial and Moisture-Wicking Merino wool
- Open mesh knitting on top of foot for added breathability
- Flex panels for anatomical fit
- Reinforced, deep heel and toe pockets
- No-Show and Quarter Length heights
- Elastic arch support for snug, non-slipping fit
- MSRP: $14 no-show, $17 ¼ Length
- Availability Spring 2013
So what does a sock company do when it seems they’re reached the top? Make it lighter, stronger and softer (all without sacrificing durability)!
For more information visit www.darntough.com
Source: Tom Kupfer