XM 1550 Tricon 29
TRICON goes 29 with the XM 1550 Tricon 29. The light and stiff cross mountain wheel set is tubeless compatible, equipped with the two piece hub with Star Ratchet System and all further TRICON specific features. The weight is approximately 1.800 gram.
Thoughts => Saw these at Sea Otter. It’s nice to see a 29er version of a Tricon wheel, with the trick Tricon hub and tubeless ready for the bike wheels!
- Front wheel: 100mm/9mm TB, 100mm/15mm TA, Lefty
- Rear wheel: 135mm/10mm TB
- Hub: TRICON, Star Ratchet System, Center Lock (6-bolt with Adapter)
- Rim: Aluminium, 26 x 19mm , 30 hole
- Color: black
180 carbon ceramic
The evolution of the 190 ceramic hub. Lighter and torsionally stiffer thanks to its oversized carbon body. The ceramic bearings run extremely smooth and are super durable. All components, from the freehub body to the star ratchets and the end pieces are meticulously machined to only leave material where it is needed.
Thoughts => Sea Otter sighting: DT Swiss had done a carbon shell a number of years ago, and I am glad they are getting this out as a standalone hub, light, trick and ceramic bearings!
- Front wheel: 100mm/5mm QR, 100mm/5mm QR Center Lock
- Rear wheel: 130mm/5mm QR, 135mm/5mm QR Center Lock
- Hub: UD-carbon hubshell body, Aluminium flange, Ceramic cartridge bearings, Star Ratchet freewheel system, Center Lock
- Color: UD-carbon, white