The Ergon BX2 is a pretty amazing pack, and its design combines ergonomic practices with Ergon’s engineering know-how and knowledge base. The packs adjustable back system, which allows alteration for different torso lengths, is innovative, easy to use and works, and when combined with the unique free-floating shoulder straps, they create a phenomenal synergistic pair, that becomes one with your back. The trapeze at the bottom of the pack and attaches to the shoulder straps, and helps compresses the load up and close to the back, for better balance and a tighter center of gravity. The flexible frame provides exceptional conformability, and the soft thick back and hip pads offer supreme comfort, and the pads separation gives excellent ventilation channel.
The hydration hose annoyingly covers the main compartments upper pocket, and lack of an included reservoir is a major faux pas. The flattened shape of the main compartment combined with the bowing out of a full reservoir, can make packing the small capacity unit problematic.
Ergon has created an exceptional product with the BX2, and the adjustable back system, floating shoulder straps, conformable frame, and an overall comfortable and well ventilated pack, make for a stable, connected, and synergistic package.
- Torso adjustment system
- Free floating shoulder straps
- Trapeze support system
- Flex frame
- Mesh back and hip pads – comfortable and ventilates
- Organizational pockets and sleeves
- Hydration hose obstructs main’s upper pocket
- Longevity of flex frame (unknown)?
- Flattened shape and bowed reservoir make for tough middle section packing
- Lack of hydration reservoir
Overall Rating: 4.5 Flamin’ Chili Peppers
MSRP: $89.95 and optional BH200 reservoir ($25.95)
Ergon BX2 Specs:
- Visit Ergon BX2 website: http://www.ergon-bike.com/us/en/product/bx2
- Name: Ergon BX2 Backpack
- Sizes: Regular or Large
- Weight: approx. 700 grams
- Capacity: 8 (9.5 when expanded) Liters
- Colors: Black and Team Green
- Material: Nylon, Polyester
- Options: bladders BH200 ($25.95) and BH300 ($29.95)