MTBR Light Meter Measurements:
This light measured an impressive 59 lux on our ambient light measurement facility. We’re finding that it is about the same brightness as last year’s Diablo. And even at mid power, it still measures at 28 lux and has a run time of 3:20 hours.
- Almost twice as bright as two years ago at the same weight and price
- Now features USB charging so you can charge it with your computer or any USB output
- No wires
- Extremely small with 100 gram weight.
- Very innovative helmet and handlebar mounts are both included
- Machining and quality are first rate
- Carrying case is just right
- Flexibility with piggyback battery option and many other options accepted by the Smart Port.
- The light is very handy as a flashlight around the trail and around the house
- 1:10 hour run time at full power is limited
- $300 for this light is being threatened by a crop of new self-contained lights
This is still the best helmet mounted flashlight available. But the $300 price is steep and there are many new contenders now.
Beam Pattern Photos:
4 out of 5 Stars
4.75 out of 5 Stars
Mtbr Lights Shootout Main Page »
2012 Bike Lights Shootout »
Backyard Beam Pattern Comparisons »
Trail Beam Pattern Comparisons »
Light Meter Measurements »
Mtbr Lights Reviews »
Mtbr Lights Forum »