Felt Bicycles is a brand that is well known in the road cycling world for their carbon work especially in the Tri and TT categories. But that doesn’t mean their mountain bikes aren’t pretty special too. They are able to take that knowledge of carbon and port it over to their MTB offerings as well. The two carbon mountain bikes featured here are very different, one is a 6 inch travel, all mountain carbon bike that comes in many different levels to fit differing budgets. The other is a purpose-built, light weight 29er with a frame weight of 900 grams. Both carbon, both different, both fun.
In this video, Eddie McDonald of Felt Bicycles shows us some highlights of the all new Compulsion LT3 and Nine FRD for 2013. The Compulsion LT3 is their mid-level all mountain carbon mountain bike with 150-160mm or rear travel. The Nine FRD is their 29er carbon hardtail frameset.
Felt Compulsion LT3
Aggressive enough to shred gnarly descents, agile enough to power up technical climbs, the Compulsion LT 3 is a game changer. With a strong, lightweight and perfectly balanced UHC Performance frame and 150 or 160mm of adjustable Equilink suspension travel, Compulsion LT 3 inspires confidence in all conditions. A 160mm RockShox Lyrik RC Solo Ari fork, powerful Avid hydraulic disc brakes, and SRAM drivetrain keep you going, no matter how rough the trail.
- Mid level carbon fiber 6″ All-Mountain bike
- Frame: Felt Compulsion Equilink carbon/aluminum All Mountain series, adjustable 150/160mm travel suspension frame, UHC Performance front, triple butted/hydroformed 6061 aluminum rear triangle, Felt/Shimano 142 x 12mm E-Thru dropouts w/ Shimano SM-AX75 QR axle, Monarch R rear shock, set at 160mm
- Fork: Rock Shox Lyrik RC Solo Air, adjustable compression, adjustable rebound, tapered aluminum steerer tube, 20mm Maxle dropouts, 160mm travel
- Drivetrain: SRAM X-7 30 Speed trigger shifters, SRAM X-7 front derailleur, SRAM X-9 T2 R.B.C carbon rear derailleur, Sram X-7 2 x 10 bashguard crankeset, Sram PC1031 chain, Sram PG-1030 11-36t cassette
- Components: Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic disc brake, Felt MTB All mountain 25mm riser bar, Felt MTB All mountain stem 3D-forged design, Crank Bros Kronolog 125mm adjustable height seatpost, Felt All mountain design low profile saddle w/hollow cromo rails
- Wheelset: WTB Speed disc I23 32h aluminum 32h disc-brake rims, Felt 20mm Thru front hub, Felt 142 x 12 cassette 32h rear hub, w/ 6-bolt disc mount, stainless 14/15g spokes with alloy nipples, WTB Bronson folding tires
- Finish: Matte Carbon
- Sizes: 26″ x S, M, L, XL
- Available Mid October