So you love your fat bike and the places that it takes you, but are you having trouble stowing your fishin’ pole in your CamelBak? Or do your handlebars get too wide when you strap your rifle on them? Well QBP brands is here to the rescue with its new vertical bike brand, Cogburn. It was launched to pursue the mantra ‘Hunt. Fish. Forage.’
Sure it’s not for everyone but the Cogburn crew believes there is a market here for active lifestyle people who like to hunt and fish. Fat bikes allow access to deep parts of the woods and can venture where non-motorized vehicles are allowed. The idea is to get deep in the woods or beaches with the fat bike and set up base camp from there.
The bike is called the CB4 and it has a rack, big tires, and a camouflage frame. The Cogburn bike is an alternative to an ATV, as there is a movement of a younger demographic of hunters that may find a non-motorized option attractive. The Cogburn has an aluminum frame, disc brakes and gears, and a rack. The tires are 3.8-inchers from Surly. The rims, handlebar, and cranks are a no-glare black to blend in with the surroundings.
MSRP is $2,199 and the rack is optional at $130 and a frame bag for $130 as well.
The optional $130 rack is designed to carry bows, guns and fishing poles. It blocks the leg from swinging over the rear, so a low front triangle is used for getting on the bike easily.
Big, 3.8-inch tires are used for good flotation over sand and ungroomed terrain.
The product manager, Bobby Dahlberg is a QBP veteran who’s been tuning and rigging his bikes for years for the the Minnesota hunting season. He is pumped to have the opportunity to serve this market.
Cogburn CB4 Specifications
- Front and Rear Shifters: Shimano Deore 2 x 10 Speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore 2 x 10 Speed
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore Shadow Plus 10 Speed
- Crankset and Bottom Bracket: SRAM X5 GXP100, 175mm crank with sealed bearings, 22/36t gearing
- Chain: KMC 10-speed
- Derailleur Cable and Housing: Jagwire stainless shift cables and full length housing
- Cassette: Shimano Deore – 10-speed, 11/36t gearing
- Wheels: Formula sealed-bearing hubs front and rear, Surly 82mm-wide Rolling Darryl rims, DT Swiss stainless steel spokes, Built and finished by hand in the USA
- Tires and Tubes: Surly Nate 26×3.8” tires, Surly Light Fat inner tubes
- Front and Rear Brakeset: Avid BB7 cable actuated disc brakes, 160mm stainless rotors, Avid FR5 levers
- Brake Cable and Housing: Jagwire stainless brake cables and full length compressionless housing
- Handlebar: 750mm width, 20mm rise, 11° sweepback
- Grips: Knurled rubber, Black
- Stem: Kalloy. +7° x 90 mm length, Bead-blasted finish, Black
- Saddle: Velo, Foam padded with vinyl cover, Black
- Seatpost: Kalloy, 31.6 diameter, 400mm length, Bead-blasted finish, Black
- Seatclamp: Kalloy, 34.9mm I.D., Bead-blasted finish
- Pedals: Wellgo platform type, Black
For more information visit www.cogburnoutdoors.com.