As mentioned in the video, the Fuji Reveal 1.0 is a fast climber and a competent descender. The component spec on it is very impressive with high-end carbon parts and excellent tubeless wheels and tires.
The downsides of this bike are:
- squeaky pivots and/or bottom bracket – The bike was never totally quiet when climbing and we suspect the Truvativ bottom bracket is the source.
- the Avid Juicy 7′s are noisy and sound/feel like metal on metal when they get dusty.
- rear shock lockout or stable platform still goes through travel and can bob while climbing out of the saddle
– Rockshox front and rear is good but it doesn’ have the tuneability and stable platform of Fox
The upsides of this bike are:
- very nice, solid frame with a stiff bottom bracket and a laterally stiff rear end
- component spec is imaginative and top-notch all the way to the Gobi saddle, Mavic wheels. and Schwalbe tires
- it’s a very able climber with a stiff bottom bracket
- it confident descender with a very laterally stiff frame
- weight is very light for a 130mm travel bike.
It’s good to have choices and we have a excellent trail bike here from Fuji. The frame design and technology is shared with the affordable Reveal 2.0 at $3150.
In a crowded All Mountain bike arena, the Fuji Reveal differentiates itself with light weight, great acceleration and excellent handling. Plus, the awesome component spec will save you bike tuners from the dreaded ‘upgraditis’.
Value Rating: 4.75 star
Overall Rating: 4.5 star
FRAME: A-6 Quaternary phase alloy, custom butted, integrated head tube, top tube/seat tube gusset, down tube gusset, CNC’D hollow box section BB, water bottle mount
REAR TRIANGLE: A-6 Quaternary phase alloy, custom butted w/ Four Bar linkage system 130m travel, Cold forged dropout with CNC’D disc mount and replaceable hanger, Sealed bearing pivots
FORK: Rock Shox Revelation 426 Dual Air w/MC 130mm travel
DRIVETRAIN: TruVativ Stylo 3.3 Team AL w/ 22/32/44T, TruVativ GXP Exterior Cartridge Bearing System
WHEELSET: Mavic Crossmax ST Disc Tubeless
SIZES: S, M, L
COLOR: Scotchbrite/Dark Gray
WEIGHT: 26.94 lbs / 12.24 kg
Photo Thumbnails (click to enlarge)