The Gemini Olympia is surprisingly bright. Turn it on and be prepared for big, intense beam pattern. This light can definitely be used by itself or mated with a Xera or a Duo on the helmet for the ultimate setup.
- Price: $300
- Claimed Lumens: 1800 Lumens
- Measured Lumens: 1467 Lumens
- Measured MTBR Lux: 141 Lux
- Light Head Weight:85 grams
- Installed Weight: 392 grams
- Run Time: 2.3 Hours, 3.7 hour battery is optional
- Category: High End
- Big, bright and clean beam pattern
- Excellent construction
- 85 gram light head makes it ideal for either bar or helmet use
- Impressive programmability gives the light a lot of range for different applications
- Good value light
- Flexibility with battery options
- 1467 measured lumens is lower than 1800 claimed
- Green switch light is always on
This is the standard rubber strap style a few different sized bands included. Helmet mount comes with pipe attachement that can be mounted near the front of the helmet to mate with the rubber strap. This can be aimed left to right.
MTBR Light Meter Measurements: Compare all lights here.
This light measured 141 Lux on our ambient light measurement facility.
Integrating Sphere Measured Lumens: Compare all lights here.
1467 measured Lumens. Claimed Lumens by the manufacturer is 1800 Lumens. The Lumen-hour graph below shows how the light performs over the first three minutes of its battery cycle.
Backyard Beam Pattern Photo: Compare all lights here.
We photographed the lights in the same location setting with the same camera settings. The photos were taken in the back yard that is approximately 25 yards long. These photos feature many objects and a distinct background to analyze detail and beam pattern.
Tunnel Beam Pattern Photo: Compare all lights here.
The location is useful since it has walls and a ceiling that can display a bike light beam pattern. The walls have a lot of graffiti on them and actually show detail when they are lit up by a light with a wide angle. Cones and targets are set up with the far target set up at 80 yards.
Photo Thumbnails (click to enlarge)
Mtbr Lights Shootout Main Page »
2013 Bike Lights Shootout »
2013 Backyard Beam Pattern Comparisons »
2013 Tunnel Beam Pattern Comparisons »
2013 Mtbr Lux measurements »
2013 Mtbr Lumen Tests »
2012 Bike Lights Shootout »
Light Meter Measurements »
Mtbr Lights Reviews »
Mtbr Lights Forum »