The Giro CODE is a supremely powerful and supportive shoe when spinning and performing technical maneuvers, and the synergy of the stiff carbon sole and wafer thinness, and snug fit, give it impressive qualities on the bike. The well made and solid shoe has many excellent features, including the protective welded scuff guards and a toe bumper, the insoles SuperNatural Fit Kit adjustable arch system, and the offset Velcro straps and easy to use ratchet. I really liked how simple it was to adjust the ratchet on the fly, to give the shoe more comfort or to extract more power. The wrap around protection was a nice safety additive, and kept you feet from getting injured from trail and terrain obstacles.
The shoe is a decent but not great hiker, has some slight heel lift and the tread life is only average. The big ding mark for me was that the toe bumper and front lugs had premature wear.
- SuperNatural Fit Kit
- Tactile and Responsive
- Offset top straps
- Easy to use ratchet system
- Scuff and toe bash guards protect shoe and feet
- Front lugs and toe guard wear prematurely
- Average tread life
- Below average hiker
- Ratchet can release accidentally
- Slight heel lift
MSRP - $279.99
Overall Rating: 4 Flamin’ Chili Peppers
Giro CODE Specs:
- Visit the Giro CODE website at http://www.giro.com/us_en/products/cycling-shoes/code.html
- Upper – Teijin lightweight microfiber shapes to your foot; Welded scuff guards provide enhanced durability; Strong and secure ratcheting buckle closure (replaceable); Offset “D-ring” at mid-foot strap helps to prevent pressure points
- Outsole – Easton EC90 unidirectional carbon is optimized for stiffness and power transfer; High traction lugged outsole is optimized for grip and durability; Mid-foot scuff guard enhances grip when not clipped-in, and protects carbon sole
- Footbed – SuperNatural Fit Kit with adjustable arch support system and X-Static anti-microbial fiber
- Compatible with standard two-bolt MTB cleats
- Colors – White/Black (Red accents), Black (Red accents) and Magnesium/Black.
- Weight – 355 grams in size 42
- MSRP – $279.99