The Gore Bike Wear Freeride shorts are a pretty darn sweet, and they are stylish, functional and have a plethora of features. The baggy shorts are comfortable, stretchy, and are abrasion tough where it’s needed. They offer lots of ventilation, in the form of mesh panels and zippered vents, which really helps with the cooling for the inner shorts. The inner shorts is comfortable, with a soft thick Chamois for ultra plushness, for more cushioning on long rides and rougher terrain. They need an additional cargo pocket, and are slightly expensive, though close in price point to their competition.
Gore Bike Wear has done some great work on this set of shorts, and they are high quality, high performance and extremely functional. They are comfy enough to forget you are wearing them?
- Wear zones for durability and longevity
- Stretchy for comfort and maneuverability
- Excellent venting system
- Satin hem
- Thick and plush Chamois liner for maximum comfort
- Venting may be chilly for colder weather?
- Inner hanger web and clips – questionable longevity?
- Additional cargo pocket
Overall Rating: 4.5 Flamin’ Chili Peppers
Gore Bike Wear Freeride Shorts – Company Specs
Robust MTB shorts: Offer maximum protection and ventilation for all serious off-road cyclists. Removable inner tights with elastic seat insert.
* Stretch inserts for optimum freedom of movement
* Frictionless inner material for better freedom of movement
* Abrasion resistant material at inside leg and saddle area
* Inseam length 12.2 inches
* Partly elastic waistband with Velcro closure and draw cord to adjust width
* Front zip
* Button placket
* Side zip pocket
* Zip pocket on back
* Side mesh inserts for ventilation, adjustable with zip
* Removable inner shorts with elastic seat padding
* Advanced – Men Seat Pad
* Less chafing and more comfort due to elastic seat pad
* Inner pants with partial mesh inserts for optimum ventilation
* Inner pants with gripper elastic at hem
* Reflective piping on back
* Reflective logo on side
* Sizes – S,M,L,XL,XXL