Scot Nicol and engineer Colin Hughes give us some insight on the Ibis Ripley 29er and its unique feature, the dual-eccentric dw-link, that provides the suspension action for the bike.
The dw-link Ripley features 120mm of rear travel, internal cable routing for the derailleur and dropper post, swingarm mounted front derailleur, Enduro Max “full complement” bearings with full grease seal, Fox Float 32 fork with 51mm of offset, is approved for 120-140mm front forks and retails for $2899.99 (frameset).
- 120mm rear wheel dw-link travel
- 5.0 Pound frame with X Fusion Microlite Shock, 5.2 lbs with Fox RP23 CTD
- Approved for 120-140mm forks, 32 or 34 stanchion, 51mm rake is STRONGLY recommended
- Tapered head tube (suitable for various Cane Creeks & Chris King InSet 3)
- Internal TT cable routing with molded carbon cable stops
- Shock Specs: Fox Float CTD Adjust Factory Series with Kashima Coat 184mm x 44mm with .4 volume spacer
- Provision for cable-actuated adjustable seat posts
- BB92/Press GXP style integrated BB
- 142mm Maxle rear axle
- 160mm carbon fiber post mount rear brake mounts
- High direct mount front derailleur mounts directly on swingarm
- Headset: IS ZS44/28.6 | EC49/40
- BB height w/ 2.1" tires: 325mm (12.8")
- Geometry measured with 520.8mm axle to crown fork