Ventura Park Pumptrack a Success in Portland
Last fall, the Northwest Trail Alliance, a chapter of IMBA, won an IMBA/FOX Racing Shox Pump Track Grant and built a pumptrack on city land. The pilot project has been a huge success and will continue with Ventura being the site of a summer kids camp in 2012.
Idaho Mountain Bikers: Support Local Trails With Your Car
2011 was the first year for the “Idaho Mountain Biking” specialty vehicle license plate. Nearly 600 were sold, generating more than $13,000 for trails. However, state law requires a minimum of 1,000 plates to be in circulation within the first three years of the issuance of the plate. If 1,000 total plates aren’t sold, the trail funding program will be lost. Get yours today!
Speak Up for Trails at the National Bike Summit
Join IMBA Mar. 20-22 at the premier bike advocacy event in Washington, D.C. Advance your trail project with dirt-specific seminars, advocacy tips and tricks and via meetings with your members of Congress. Sign up before Feb. 3 to receive a $200 discount!
IMBA Adds More Regional Staff
IMBA has hired two additional region directors: one for the Great Lakes states and one for the southwest. IMBA now has professional staff deployed in seven, distinct U.S. territories, reaching from Washington, D.C., to Washington state. This is a big deal for mountain biking, as IMBA’s regional and chapter programs are key to the continued success of our sport. If you’re not currently in an area served by a region director, know that we are working hard to reach our goal of serving all of our members with full-time field staff.
Pre-Order Your Exclusive IMBA Riding Kit Now!
For the first time ever, IMBA is offering a full riding kit. Whether you race, tackle IMBA Epics or just want something comfortable for your backyard trails, you can show your support for IMBA with style. Order two or more pieces by Feb. 1, and receive a 20-percent discount, on top of your 10-percent store discount as an IMBA member. This is a pre-order, so kits will not ship until the end of March.
IMBA Chapter in Duluth, MN, Gets $250,000 for Trails
Just before Christmas, the Cyclists of Gitchee Gumee Shores received a$250,000 grant to begin building a 20-mile mountain bike trail system in the heart of the city. When completed, it will be the longest urban singletrack trail system in the nation and is an example of a group taking advantage of all of IMBA’s resources.
Share Your Best Videos With Us
How many of you already ride with a camera on your handlebars or like to film your chapter’s trail projects? We need your videos! Whether complete stories posted on YouTube or raw, unedited footage, we want it all. Thanks in advance!
VIDEO: How to Build the Perfect Mountain Bike Trail
Last year, more than 1,500 Boy Scouts helped IMBA Trail Solutions and others build singletrack in New River Gorge National Park. If these kids can do it, so can you. If you want to learn more, check the Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew schedule for the IMBA Trailbuilding School near you.
Leadville 100 MTB Lottery Benefits IMBA
Hoping to score an entry to the super-popular Leadville 100 mountain bike race this year? Parent company LifeTime Fitness is an Above and Beyond IMBA supporter — big thanks to them for donating proceeds from the online race entry lottery to IMBA and other non-profits. Hurry — your chance to snag a lottery entry ends on Jan. 31.
IMBA Destinations Partners With Sustainable Travel International
Interested in turning your business green? IMBA members can receive discounted services from STI and participate in a webinar on Feb. 9 at 11 a.m. CST. Learn about integrating sustainability practices into your existing business and hear a case study on a mountain bike tour operator.
Know Your Membership Benefits, Get Cool Stuff Cheap
- Your Next, Great Mountain Bike Vacation is Here!: Members can use IMBA Destinations to plan an excellent adventure with one of IMBA’s amazing travel partners. Look for hot deals and special event listings, maps and reviews in 2012.
- Ride Protected: Protect and prolong your riding lifestyle with discounted accident insurance and other benefits. Get affordable protection for accidental injuries 24 hours/day, 7 days/week (subject to certain exclusions and limitations).
- Want a Great Mountain Biking Magazine and a Free T-Shirt?: Freehub Magazine is a community-generated magazine written by and for mountain bikers. IMBA members get a year subscription to Freehub, an IMBA t-shirt and a Freehub sticker for just $15.95. Freehub Magazine will donate $1 back to IMBA to fight the good fight of progressing our sport!
- Club Leaders, Get Tools For Trail Projects: Current IMBA-affiliated clubs and member organizations can receive significant discounts on trail building tools and materials beginning Spring 2012.
- Free Advertising for Your Club!: Promote your efforts to the IMBA network and make your work more visible through the REITeaming For Trails program. TFT offers great incentives like free Clif Bars, bike gear, and discounts to help your club recruit local volunteers. It also helps promote your trail building efforts with a calendar listing and a map on IMBA.com. And don’t forget to keep an eye on IMBA on Facebook for news and other opportunities to promote your project.
- Free IMBA Propaganda: Your 2012 membership packet includes a membership card, stickers, discount coupons and nowIMBA’s Dirty Video: a DVD packed with sweet mountain bike movies and trailers and a downloadable soundtrack. Join now!