Jet Lites Shadow Lithium $ 500.00
|Light||Price||Claimed Lumens||Runtime||Battery Type||Light head weight||Battery Weight||Installed Weight||Lumens per gram||Lumens per dollar|
|Jet Lites Shadow Lithium||$500||675||2:40||Lithium Ion||150g||719g||869g||0.78||1.35|
The Shadow is a 13W light head that has been around for years. It is still extremely competitive with a bright spot and a wide halo. This year, it has been updated with a Lithium battery with a fuel tank. The wiring connector on this is an aligned, screw-on type. It’s a bit cumbersome for day to day use but great if you ride in wet and rugged conditions.
Light Head Close ups:
Handlebar mounting as well as helmet mounting is available for this light. It works great in both applications.
Light Meter Readings:
Our ambient light measurement came in at 30 Lux. This was equal to the output of the Exposure Enduro Maxx and just below the Niterider Trinewt at 33 Lux.
- Still very competitive brightness against the new LED competition
- Beam pattern has a very bright center yet there is a wide outer halo.
- Lithium batteries lighten up an old favorite
- Cannot be dimmed. Not convenient to turn on off on the trail
- Light head is a bit large and sits pretty high when mounted on the helmet
- Switch is sensitive. Contact with it while on results in the light shutting off
This is one of the best HIDs available and it continues to represent its class against the new crop of LEDs. This light is still competitive in terms of brightness, beam pattern and value. The old Jet Blast HID package was a bit heavy but it has been updated nicely with a compact Lithium battery.
Beam Pattern Photos:
Shadow Lithium, Shadow Lithium
3.5 out of 5 Stars
4.5 out of 5 Stars
Read or write reviews: