Chris Kovarik shredded the grueling Garbanzo downhill to take 2nd place just 2 seconds behind winner Justin Leov and 1 second in front of 3rd place rider Sam Hill a previous winner of the event.
/* php endif; */ ?>
By adam August 10, 2009
The race is a really long, tough race right from the top of the second chairlift in Whistler. It links up quite a few of the famously named runs and ends up at the finish into the arena where all the runs end.
Chris put a great run together posting a time of 13 mins 46 seconds – with only a handful of pro riders going under 14 minutes.
Later on this week Chris will compete in the Air downhill race on the famous A-Line run, the Giant slalom and the Canadian Open downhill race at the weekend… that looks a pretty cool track with some big jumps.
Check out our team website http://crcintense.com later this week for some pictures from the week.
CRANKWORX 2009 – MONSTER ENERGY GARBANZO DOWNHILL
Rank Plate Name Nation Sponsors Time Diff
1. 5 Leov Justin NZL Trek World Racing 13:44.55 +0.00
2. 10 Kovarik Chris AUS Chain Reaction Cycl 13:46.61 +2.06
3. 1 Hill Sam AUS Monster Energy, Spe 13:48.31 +3.76
4. 9 Beaumont Marc GBR GT Bicycles 13:58.55 +14.00
5. 21 Keene Curtis USA Specialized 14:02.55 +18.00
6. 8 Neethling Andrew RSA Trek World Racing 14:11.32 +26.77
7. 11 Smith Steve CAN MS Evil RACING, Re 14:16.96 +32.41
8. 18 Atkinson Bryn AUS Crank Brothers, Inte 14:17.69 +33.14
9. 28 Reading Jack GBR Ellsworth, ONeal 14:20.45 +35.90
10. 15 Guardia Bernat ESP Massi 14:21.63 +37.08
source: Nigel Page
Team Manager – ChainReactionCycles/Intense
(Visited 1,078 times, 1 visits today)
NOTE: There are two ways to comment on our articles: Facebook or Wordpress. Facebook uses your real name and can be posted on your wall while Wordpress uses our login system. Feel free to use either one.