Kind Shock had their new KS LEV remote cable actuated adjustable seatpost on display, and it will be available in the next couple of weeks, in lengths of 100, 125 or 150 mm, and diameters of 27.2, 30.9 and 31.6 mm for $395. They were selling a few of them at Sea Otter to a few lucky souls. The very trick LEV has the cable directly attached to the main body or outer tube of the post, instead of the atypical position on top of the telescoping head. The attachment at the post collar means the cable connection remains stationary relative to the saddle’s movement, removing issues with excess cable, such as interference with legs, tires, frames, etc. The new design will give a cleaner and more direct routing line to the seatpost, and will allow greater flexibility with different bicycle geometries and manufacturers, and hence, better cable management. Another benefit of the lower connection is the redesigned saddle clamp, which is a micro adjustable two-bolt system, making for more precise and easier saddle changes.
The system still uses their same basic air return sprung/hydraulic internals, with the one-way self-adjusting bearings, along some newly updated engineering knowledge learned from their previous models. The cable can be easily disconnected from the post by popping the cover off, and pulling the small spring loaded clasp out of the system. The clasp attaches to a barrel, which then connects internally to the innards of the post. The carbon remote can be integrated with an ODI grip if desired, which makes for a nice option.
KS Lev Specs:
- MSRP: $395
- Visit the KS LEV website
- Diameter – 31.6mm, 30.9mm, 27.2mm
- Length / Travel – 335mm / 100mm (30.9 and 31.6mm dia), 385mm / 125mm (30.9 and 31.6mm dia), 435mm / 150mm (30.9 and 31.6mm dia), 400mm / 100mm (27.2mm dia)
- Actuation – Carbon fiber remote lever
- Head / Rail – Zero offset standard rail
- Color – Black anodized mast and head w/ hard anodized stanchion
- Weight – 510-580g (30.9 and 31.6mm including remote and cable), 538g (27.2mm including remote and cable)