- Price: $$119 or $149 with Case and Accessories
- Claimed Lumens: 500 Lumens
- Measured Lumens: 509 Lumens
- Measured MTBR Lux: 46 Lux
- Light Head Weight:138 grams
- Installed Weight: 170 grams
- Run Time: 1:30 Hours
- Category: Flashlight
- Honest lumen rating at 500 lumens
- Lumens over time graph is as flat as it gets. That means you get the same about the same amount of light throughout the run time.
- Good to have kit option
- Good beam pattern with side visibility
- Field replaceable battery extends run time
- Light got a quite a bit fatter than last year
- Rear battery cover is easy to cross-thread and a bit difficult to screw in
- Switch is very stiff
- Having a high-powered lithium battery bouncing around your bag or pocket can be unsafe
Mounting is the same as last year with the two sizes of plastic mounts for the two diameters of handlebars. It works but is a bit of a pain to keep together and tighten properly.
MTBR Light Meter Measurements: Compare all lights here.
This light measured 46 Lux on our ambient light measurement facility.
Integrating Sphere Measured Lumens: Compare all lights here.
509 measured Lumens. Claimed Lumens by the manufacturer is 500 Lumens. The Lumen-hour graph below shows how the light performs over the first three minutes of its battery cycle.
Backyard Beam Pattern Photo: Compare all lights here.
We photographed the lights in the same location setting with the same camera settings. The photos were taken in the back yard that is approximately 25 yards long. These photos feature many objects and a distinct background to analyze detail and beam pattern.
Tunnel Beam Pattern Photo: Compare all lights here.
The location is useful since it has walls and a ceiling that can display a bike light beam pattern. The walls have a lot of graffiti on them and actually show detail when they are lit up by a light with a wide angle. Cones and targets are set up with the far target set up at 80 yards.
Photo Thumbnails (click to enlarge)
All Mtbr Lights Shootout Articles »
2013 Bike Lights Shootout »
2013 Backyard Beam Pattern Comparisons »
2013 Tunnel Beam Pattern Comparisons »
2013 Mtbr Lux measurements »
2013 Mtbr Lumen Tests »
2012 Bike Lights Shootout »
Mtbr Lights Reviews »
Mtbr Lights Forum »