This light measured 30 lux on our ambient light measurement facility. This seems really low for a light of these components. The Magicshine MJ-808 measured 37 lux and the Lupine Tesla came in at 54 lux.
- center mounted handlebar mount
- helmet mount is included
- beam pattern is clean and defined with a center spot and big halo
- light head has good cooling and light head stays cool
- output is quite weak at 30 lux
- no flash mode
- having to scroll through off position every time you change light levels is a annoying
- cannot aim left to right
- design is dated and not innovative compared to the older Lupine Tesla and Magishine MJ-808
- switch cover comes off easy and is always illuminated when battery is connected
This is a strange one. It’s a copy of the Magicshine MJ-808 and the Lupine Tesla but it doesn’t really innovate beyond them. The light level is low too as we measured 30 lux on our meter. It would start out at 34 lux but drop to 30 lux very quickly even as the light head was still cool.
The beam pattern is quite nice with the large reflector. But it has a few weaknesses like no flash mode, having through off position, switch light is forever on.
So we wouldn’t recommend this light but the two higher end Light and Go lights are more interesting.
Beam Pattern Photos:
3.75 out of 5 Stars
3 out of 5 Stars