MTBR Light Meter Measurements:
This light measured 110 lux on our ambient light measurement facility. This is low in comparison to the the Exposure Six Pack and Lupine Betty II but the Seca beam pattern is very useable and is one of the best on the trail.
- Such an even and beautiful beam pattern. It’s very wide and the 1400 lumen model is finally enough light for this beam.
- Light is not wasted on the top where it usually doesn’t reflect off anything
- Excellent battery and charger
- Mount has been improved to prevent slipping
- Extra long cable and huge connector is not ideal
- Light head though well designed does feel as robust as the high end competition
- $700 is pricey in this new market of LED lights. Price should have been lowered.
- Design has aged as the competition has caught up
The Seca 1400 is a good light but it really shows the rapid evolution of the competition. Other lights have gotten a lot brighter and cheaper.
Beam Pattern Photos:
4.5 out of 5 Stars
3.75 out of 5 Stars
Mtbr Lights Shootout Main Page »
2012 Bike Lights Shootout »
Backyard Beam Pattern Comparisons »
Trail Beam Pattern Comparisons »
Light Meter Measurements »
Mtbr Lights Reviews »
Mtbr Lights Forum »