The Vis 360 and Vis 180 are lightweight, easy to use, attach and remove, and are excellent commuter lights. They are highly functional, well built, with many superb features, which are very carefully thought out. These light was designed with safety in mind, and the addition of the side emitters was very innovative, and allow a cyclist to be seen by a driver, in what is usually a blind spot. The high positioning of the Vis 360, along with its side facing emitters, and well placed and bright, front and rear lights, allow 360 degrees of visibility. The Vis 360 switch has a wonderful tactile feel and is easy to reach, and in addition the tilt adjustment is very useful, along with the sweet mounting systems. The Vis 180 is a great one piece unit, that has an excellent mounting system that works with any seatpost or pack, and has great adjustability for any post angle.
The LED’s themselves might not be the brightest, and are anemic for singletrack use, but the rear makes excellent use of the prism system, to make a very bright red light. I would have liked an extra strap, especially for the front Vis 360 mount, since it was overtly long for my helmet vents. I know some cell phones use the micro USB connector, but virtually every electronic device I own uses a mini USB instead, so it would make more sense to use that?
I first saw the units at Sea Otter, and was highly intrigued, with their lovely synergy. The Vis 360 is a supremely wonderful commuter light, and the Vis 180 adds an additional accompaniment.
- 360 – Great side visibility with 360 degrees of attention, 180 – Decent side visibility
- Great mounting systems, 180 is excellent
- Innovative battery level indicator
- Self enclosed battery
- 180 – one piece system
- 180 – Pace Line mode is great for group rides
- USB charging
- Poor for singletrack
- Front light isn’t the brightest nor widest
- Front light can be troublesome to remove from mount
- Needs additional rubber straps – replacement and a shorter one for front
- Uses USB micro connector instead of the more common mini
Vis 360 – Overall Rating: 5 Flamin’ Chili Peppers
Vis 180 – Overall Rating: 4.5 Flamin’ Chili Peppers
MSRP: Vis 180 $99 and Vis 360 $169