The Lupine Piko 3 was good at 550 lumens, better at 750 lumens and best at this year’s 900 lumens. It can be used on the helmet by itself for any level of riding. What it delivers is a light system that does not interfere with the ride.
For the ultimate setup, pair this with another Piko on the bar or a Wilma light delivering 2400 lumens.
Note that the Piko 3 is also available in colors: black, blue and red.
- Price: $365
- Claimed Lumens: 900 Lumens
- Measured Lumens: 928 Lumens
- Measured MTBR Lux: 93 Lux
- Light Head Weight: 58 grams
- Installed Weight: 192 grams
- Run Time: 1:40 hours
- Category: High End
2013 Lights from Lupine
- 928 measured lumens is impressive against the 900 lumen claims.
- Small and convenient form factor with 192 gram weight
- Impressive light output and beam pattern with 22 degree beam
- Excellent mounting
- 2 hour run time is very good for its size
- Perfect for helmet mounting with the battery mounted at the back of the helmet.
- Lupine build quality, safety and longevity.
- Battery is compatible with all other Lupine batteries so a plethora of run times are available
- Cheaper clones are now available
A helmet mount is included that places the light nicely in front of the helmet for a low profile and balanced against the rear-mounted battery. A very slick bar mount is available as well that center-mounts the light.
MTBR Light Meter Measurements: Compare all lights here.
This light measured 93 Lux on our ambient light measurement facility.
Integrating Sphere Measured Lumens: Compare all lights here.
928 measured Lumens. Claimed Lumens by the manufacturer is 900 Lumens. The Lumen-hour graph below shows how the light performs over the first three minutes of its battery cycle.
Backyard Beam Pattern Photo: Compare all lights here.
We photographed the lights in the same location setting with the same camera settings. The photos were taken in the back yard that is approximately 25 yards long. These photos feature many objects and a distinct background to analyze detail and beam pattern.
Tunnel Beam Pattern Photo: Compare all lights here.
The location is useful since it has walls and a ceiling that can display a bike light beam pattern. The walls have a lot of graffiti on them and actually show detail when they are lit up by a light with a wide angle. Cones and targets are set up with the far target set up at 80 yards.
Photo Thumbnails (click to enlarge)
All Mtbr Lights Shootout Articles »
2013 Bike Lights Shootout »
2013 Backyard Beam Pattern Comparisons »
2013 Tunnel Beam Pattern Comparisons »
2013 Mtbr Lux measurements »
2013 Mtbr Lumen Tests »
2012 Bike Lights Shootout »
Mtbr Lights Reviews »
Mtbr Lights Forum »