Magicshine MJ-808 – $85.00
|Light||Price||Claimed Lux||Runtime||Battery Type||Light head weight||Battery Weight||Installed Weight||Lux per gram||Lux per dollar|
|$85||900||3:00 Hours||Lithium||110 grams||202 g||312 g||.12||.44|
The Magicshine MJ-808 is a virtual copy of our favorite light last year, the Lupine Tesla 4. It features the Seoul P7 emmitter with a large reflector mounted on the bar or the helmet with a rubber loop band. It has a small battery that can power the system for three hours and it all comes in a convenient box.
Light Head close ups:
Mounting to the handlebar is done with a simple rubber loop band. Two sizes are included for regular and oversized bars. This type of mount cannot be aimed left/right. On the helmet, an optional mount that simulates a handlebar pipe is installed on the vents with straps
Light Meter Measurements:
On our Lux meter, this measured in at 37 Lux. It’s a bright light but this indicates that the brightness claims of 900 lumens is exaggerated.
- cheap price of $85
- good design and beam pattern based on the Lupine Tesla
- good lightweight package and bright beam pattern
- construction can be inconsistent
- light output and color can vary
- 5 light modes are unnecessary and the 6th mode which is off should not be there
- Indicator light on switch is on all the time when battery is plugged in
The bottom line here is the price. It’s got a few warts here and there but for $85, all is forgiven and this light will have many fans.
Beam Pattern Photos:
5 out of 5 Stars
4 out of 5 Stars
Read or write reviews: