Brent Winebarger shows us the Magura 29er 120mm travel fork with new axle system, new Vredestein Black Panther 27.5/650b and 29er tires with 120 tpi available in tubeless ready or standard casing , and Uvex SGL 104 sunglasses and the Ultrasonic CC helmet. The SGL 104 sunglasses have variomatic lenses so you can night ride in the same pair of glasses that you’d use on a bright day. The brand new Uvex Ultrasonic CC helmet features a sleek visor, bug netting, and crown height adjustment.
From the manufacturer
Uvex SGL 104 – Put an end to lens changing!
The SGL 104 is a new Variomatic model from Uvex. The 104 is a durable piece of eyewear suitable for the road or mountain. The 104 is feature packed and retails for $199. Below are some of the key features:
- Adjustable soft earpieces
- Adjustable soft nose piece
- Decentred lens technology- This means the lens is guaranteed to be distortion-free.
- Direct lens ventilation
- Supravision lens- Extremely scratchproof and fog-free
- 100% UVA, B and C protection- This means your eyes will last a long time!
- Variomatic- Light sensitive photochromic structure pressed into the lens material that automatically adapts its shade in response to prevailing light conditions. Basically, you can use the same pair of sunglasses for every riding condition.
- Sold with a hard case and cleaning cloth/bag
- Available in white, black and white/green
Ultrasonic CC Helmet
The Ultrasonic CC is a lightweight high-end, German made lid at a very affordable price. The Ultrasonic CC retails for $149 and is available in three sizes for a precise fit.
- Double in-mould technology
- Bug nets located in front vents to keep the angry bugs from biting you
- 19 vents
- IAS 2k retention system- ensures every head shape feels at home in the Ultrasonic
- Weight from 235 grams!
- Monomatic chin strap buckle- allows for adjustments while riding- tighten the straps for the decent and loosen them for the climb.
- Minimal visor- keeps sunlight from entering the gap between your helmet and sunglasses but is not long enough to obstruct your vision.
Magura TS6 and TS8 (Tem Suspension) 29er forks
Stiff, light and easy is the theme for Magura suspension. Stiffness is achieved with our DAD design- Dual arch design- This allows Magura to produce forks with lighter 32mm stanchion tubes that remain very stiff. Magura suspension is also “easy”- easy to set up and easy to maintain. Magura 29er forks range in price from $649 for the TS6 to $849 for the TS8. The TS6 and TS8 are mechanically identical, however the TS8 saves you about a quarter pound! Maguras 29er forks are currently available in 100mm and 120mm travel options. Learn more about Magura suspension at magura.com.
Vredestein Mountain Tires – New to the United States for 2013!
Vredestein Mountain tires are available in four different tread designs for all conditions. Tubeless ready tires are available in 26, 27.5 and 29 and retail for $75. If you are familiar with the quality of the road tires give the mountain tires a spin- you will not be disappointed. For more information visit vredesteinbike.com.
- Tires range in weight from 530 to 680 grams
- 120 TPI
- Currently available in 2.0 and 2.2