Mavic held a special media luncheon for the launch of three new 29er wheels: the XC oriented Crossmax SLR 29, the trail oriented Crossmax ST 29 and the budget oriented Crossride 29. The wheels were designed with specific development goals in mind.
The Crossmax SLR 29 features thicker spokes versus the 26″ wheeled version of the Crossmax SLR to make them stronger and the rear drive-side spokes are bead blasted for surface hardening. The Crossmax SLR 29 are 1620 grams for the pair and have an MSRP of $999.90 and will be available in June.
The Crossmax ST are built a little bit beefier than the SLRs and weigh 90 grams more (1710 for the pair). The weight gain comes from the rim. The STs have the same axle compatibility as the SLRs and the Crossmax ST has an MSRP of $824.90 and will be available end of August.
The Crossride 29 are heavier, but also much cheaper. They feature a new freehub body and the rim is slightly thicker than the Crossmax ST. The Crossride 29 has an MSRP of only $299.90 and will be available end of August.
Mavic Crossmax SLR 29
The fast & light, high tech 29” MTB system
Benefiting from years of Crossmax dedicated R&D and World Cup racers’ feedback; the Crossmax SLR 29” offers superior system performance for only 1620 grams! Specific use of Mavic’s key technologies to manage 29er strains. Result: the most dynamic ride ever!
29er specific conception: performance and reliability
- Rim: reinforced extrusion with ISM 3D weight reduction
- Spokes: Stronger Zicral bladed spokes to manage greater stress of 29er
Exclusive SSC wheel-system: the pros choice
- Developed with and endorsed by Mavic pro-racers (Orbea, Cannondale and Luna)
- World Cup level lightweight system – 1620 grams
- Distinctive SSC design approach
Highly responsive UST wheel-system for fast accelerations
- Low inertia: Light yet wide rim, ISM 3D,
- Stiff system: 19 mm rim, thru-axle compatible, Maxtal, Fore, Zicral
- Efficient energy transfer: ITS-4, Isopulse, UST, asymmetrical rim
1620 g pair: 755 g front / 865 g rear
Mavic Crossmax ST 29
The 29er for real mountain biking
Versatility at its best. The new Crossmax ST 29 offers a perfect balance of features to go up and down the mountains fast and for a long time. This “real” mountain-bike wheelset will stand use and abuse from the 29er enthustiasts. Worry-free ride!
Cross-country responsiveness, Crossmountain strength
- Less inertia: optimized rim extrusion, ISM
- Stiff system: 19 mm rim, through axles compatible, Maxtal, Fore, Zicral
- High energy transfer: ITS-4, Isopulse, UST, asymmetrical rim
Tough as ever
- Rim resistance: 19c, Maxtal alloy, Fore drilling, SUP welding
- Hubs quality: QRM+ bearings, ITS-4
- Strong and light spokes: Zicral
Convenience and reliability of a Mavic UST system
- Compatibility: 19c rim to fi t a wide range of tyre standards, complete discs and axles compatibility
- Ease of use: ready to ride UST standard
- Mavic race proven technologies: UST, SUP, Fore, ITS-4, QRM+
1710 g pair: 825 g front / 885 g rear
Mavic Crossride Disc 29
The access to Mavic Mountain Bike performance and identity, now in 29er
Entry level at Mavic always means quality, efficiency and reliability. Completely endorsed by the Crossride 29 – incredible value!
Access to the Mavic quality
- Reinforced rims: specifi c rim to manage 29er demands, H2 compression
- Hub quality: multi-bearing alloy freewheel, QRM bearings
- Resistant straight pull bladed spokes
Access to the Mavic efficiency
- Optimized component design
- Alloy axles: weight down to 2020 grams
- Full axle compatibility with optional adapters
Access to the Mavic identity
- New high visibility graphics
2020 g pair: 945 g front / 1075 g rear
Photo Thumbnails (click to enlarge)