The Moots “FROSTI” snowbike will be made in very limited numbers for the coming winter.
That’s right. Moots will be offering a limited run of Moots “FROSTI” snowbikes for the fast approaching winter season. The leaves have or are changing and the cooler weather is just around the corner, which means the snow is not far away. For the first time ever we will be making a small run of these amazing bikes. We are talking 20 or less.
Some of the story:
Several years ago Moots began to experiment with snow bikes, because well, we live where snow is king for a large part of the year and we wanted to see what we could build to get around on the packed out trails that litter our town. We started by building a few of these machines for our good friend and snowbike racer Mike Curiak. From there we built a few for the inside guys here at Moots, morphing what we had learned and following what was quickly dare I say …a standardization of snow bike parts? We also built a show worthy version that made it to the North American Handbuilt Show in Portland Oregon.
So if you love riding packed snow trails during the dead of winter, we are ready to make you a Moots FrosTi.
Retail $3975 (frame only)
- 44mm HT
- 100mm bb
- 170mm rear spacing
- standard dropouts with replaceable der hanger
- single curved DT
- geo designed for Salsa Enabler rigid fork
- also suitable for 80mm 29er fork for summer use
- curved TT on 3 smallest sizes
- 30.9 seat post
- 160mm rotor compatible
- through guides for full housing for ders
- 4 stock sizes: 16”=22” TT, 18”=23.5” TT, 20”=24.5” TT, 22”=25.5” TT
- Custom: No, stock sizes only.
- Options: 3rd h20, upper/lower eyes, colors
- NOT options: YBB, Slider, Couplers
- Special: Will require a direct mount front der and direct mount adaptor (Problem Solver, Salsa)
- 3.7 tires max
- will need a 100mm bb shell crankset (Surly Mr. Whirly or e13)
Program: Orders must be placed along with $1000 non-refundable deposit through your local Moots dealer by November 1, 2011. Delivery by Dec 15th, 2011
Have a look at some of the details below and if you have any questions please give us a call at Moots 970-879-1676.
Source: Cathy Wiedemer