The Build Kit
The Mountain Cycle Fury is available as frame only with rear shock. This build kit was put together for review purposes only. Look for full build kit options in 2009, but those kits have not been finalized yet.
- Frame: Mountain Cycle Fury 5″ – Large/Black
- Fork: Rock Shox 454 Coil U-Turn (95 – 140mm)
- Shock: Marzocchi Roco TST R (7.875 x 2.00)
- Stem: Thomson X4 70×0*
- Seatpost: Thomson Elite 27.2
- Crankset: Truvativ Stylo 2.2AM – 32/22
- Brakes: Avid Juicy 7 (185F/160R)
- Shifters: SRAM X.9 Triggers
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X.9 Medium Cage
- Wheelset: Hope Pro II Hubs on Stans Flow Rims (20mm front and 10mm rear)
- Tires: Maxxis Aspens 2.25 and Kenda Nevegals 2.35
- Pedals: Shimano XTR
- Chain: SRAM
- Cassette: SRAM 990
- Front Derailleur: SRAM X.9
- Headset: Cane Creek 110 Black
- Saddle: SDG Fly C
- Bar: Kore Elite
- Grips: Ergon GP1 Small
- Misc: Full Length Cable Housing
- Weight: 31.26 lbs. on a Ultimate Support Alpine Digital Bicycle Scale
Mountain Cycle Fury Geometry Specs
More Notes On The Fury Frame
- Straight out of the box, the Mountain Cycle Fury looks stiff.
- The rear shock attaches to the swing arm via a 4 bolt mounting plate.
- Cutting the seat post will be necessary with the interrupted seat post design.
- Full length housing is recommended with the downtube routing.
- Overall build quality is excellent…all the way down to nicely stacked welds.