Guided rides, trials show, yoga for bikers and more during annual cycling event
Breckenridge, Colo. – June 14, 2012 – Breckenridge will host its first ever Super D mountain bike race July 7 as part of the annual Breck Bike Week festival July 5-8, 2012. The festival brings back favorites including free demos, Poker and Go Fish rides, happy hour ride with the mayor, women’s mountain bike skills clinics, yoga for cyclists, trials show, youth races and more. Visit BreckBikeWeek.com for details. A sample of 2012 offerings:
- Mav Sports Super D: Breckenridge’s first-ever super d covers town trails in this short and sweet, two-run timed event. Saturday, July 7
- IMBA Benefit Movie Night: See Mike Dion’s latest film, “Reveal the Path” at this screening to benefit the IMBA Trail Access Fund. Past Tour Divide racers contemplate what it means to live an inspired life using the bicycle as a mechanism to explore, dream and discover. Thursday, July 5
- Behind the scenes of the USA Pro Challenge: Race CEO Shawn Hunter goes inside the operations, teams and athletes of the USA Pro Challenge, one of the largest cycling events in U.S. history. See the photos and stay for open Q&A as part of the Colorado Mountain College Peak to Pique speaker series. Thursday, July 5
- Breckenridge Bike Bus: Take a free spin down Main Street in the saddle of a bicycle built for 16. Daily, July 5-8
- Poker and Go Fish rides: Hit the dirt and collect cards on marked trail rides highlighting the best singletrack in Breck. Families can choose the less intense version and all can celebrate at the after party with food, prizes and music. Saturday, July 7
- Free Manufacturer Demos: Trek, BH and Pivot will offer free demos during Bike Week. The bike concierge (available daily during the event) provides maps and area info so riders can make the most of their time with the industry’s top rigs. Daily, July 5-8
- Historic happy hour ride with the mayor: Tour Breckenridge’s historic sites on a bike ride with Mayor John Warner, then stay for happy hour at one of town’s classic old west saloons. Friday, July 6
For a complete schedule of Breck Bike Week events, visit BreckBikeWeek.com.
Breck Bucks: Book three nights or more with Breckenridge Central Reservations and receive up to $100 in Breck Bucks, valid at participating restaurants, retailers and activity outfitters. Visit GoBreck.com or call 800-Go-Breck (800-462-7325).
Breck Bike Week 2012 key sponsors include the Town of Breckenridge, the Breckenridge Restaurant Association, CBST Adventures, Trek, Pivot Cycles and BH Bikes.