12/14/09 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Niner Bikes announces Air 9 Carbon Pricing, Releases Complete Bike and Detail Photos
Niner has released pricing and new images of the new Air 9 Carbon frame, Ninerʼs second foray
into carbon fiber: $1899 for the frame. Riders interested in an Air 9 Carbon frame can reserve
theirs with a $500 deposit at their local Niner dealer.
Watch the Mtbr video of the Niner AIR 9 Carbon from Interbike:
Niner Co-founder Steve Domahidy said “Niner bikes and components are all original designs.
Every feature is considered for its value to the rider, whether we are talking about handlebars or
complete framesets. You can see this effort in the Air 9 Carbon – we have considered everything
from bottom bracket standards to versatility to the aesthetic qualities a rider might want from
Ninerʼs flagship product.“
Additionally, Niner has released a new set of Air 9 Carbon photos. These images give people
who were not at the trade shows a better look at the individual details of the frame as well as at
complete singlespeed and geared builds on the Air 9 Carbon frame. Anticipated frame delivery is
in late winter 2010.
Air 9 Carbon info and images:
Air 9 Carbon Details:
- The ultimate, lightweight race frame with Niner’s proven, solid geometry for the best handling
- The worldʼs only 29er carbon frame that can be run as a single speed or geared.
- Computer designed tube shapes were run through extensive FEA programming to optimize
carbon fiberʼs inherent strengths.
- True monocoque construction with carbon dropouts built into the rear triangle mold.
- Tapered head tube to increase strength and aid in steering precision, without gaining weight.
- Cool and functional magnesium head badge routes shifter cables internally and eliminates
cable rub on the side of the headtube.
- Internal routing keeps cables clean, neat and shifting perfect and helps singlespeed setups to
- Built in carbon cable guides for the hydraulic disc brake line are clean, light and slick.
- CYA Bottom Bracket System allows singlespeed or geared drivetrains from multiple
manufacturers using CYA adaptors.
- 73mm BB (compatible with Niner BioCentric and CYA adaptors for X-Type, BB90, SRAM
BB30, or FSA BB30).
- Post mount rear disc brake is lighter and stronger than a conventional IS mount, eliminates
the need for adaptors and insures proper brake alignment.
- 31.6mm seatpost diameter, 400mm length recommended, 34.9 clamp
- Ti protector plates around BB.
- Massive clearance on the rear for the largest XC tires.
Niner Bikes is dedicated to passion, commitment, 29ers only.
source: Chris Sugai