MTBR Light Meter Measurements:
This light measured 50 lux on our ambient light measurement facility. In a laboratory, we measured actual lumens at 485.
- Very bright at 50 lux on the Mtbr Meter for the $150 msrp
- Excellent beam pattern
- Excellent flashlight
- Great value at $150
- Bar and helmet mount are included
- Bar mount can be a bit shaky on rough trails
- Goes on medium every time you turn it on instead of high mode
- Lock mode is confusing and just leads to frustrating situations
- USB cover won’t stay in place
- Light head can get hot as only the silver part is used for dissipating heat. The black part is plastic and stays cool.
It’s got some flaws but this is a great value self-contained light from Niterider. It is great for commuting and is one is good enough for mountain biking. Buy more than one if you want to ride at higher speeds.
Beam Pattern Photos:
5 out of 5 Stars
4.25 out of 5 Stars
Mtbr Lights Shootout Main Page »
2012 Bike Lights Shootout »
Backyard Beam Pattern Comparisons »
Trail Beam Pattern Comparisons »
Light Meter Measurements »
Mtbr Lights Reviews »
Mtbr Lights Forum »
Photo Thumbnails (click to enlarge)