One of the most striking bikes we saw at the Outdoor Demo was a 29er hardtail mountain bike from one of the most prestigious brands in road cycling, Pinarello. The Dogma XC is a return to mountain biking for Pinarello and it’s got many innovations:
- split seatstays with a tall seatpost clamp connected to the seatstays
- very low down tube and tube to optimize geometry and top tube clearance for 29ers
- brakes mounted on the seatstays instead of chainstay
- very light, strong and impact resistant carbon material
It’s great to see a new player in the high end 29er market that enters the segment with a competitive an innovative product.
New to the 29er market but not new to mountain bike Pinarello now offer the Dogma XC 29er MTB made in the same Asian factory as the Dogma road bikes and finished in the Trevision facility in Italy the Dogma XC promises to be a stand out mountain bike as well as prize posession for any cycling fan.
Constructed form the highest quality Carbon 60HM1K Torayca the Dogma XC is light and stiff with design features that provide comfort and control to the rider like no other 29er. Most notably its rear triangle with ONDA XC Asymmetric Twin Arms. This new revolutionary system separates the seat stays both vertically and laterally, dissipating vibrations in a more uniform way across a larger surface area, giving this frame a comfort without rival in a hardtail mountain bike without losing responsiveness.
To address the issue of fork impact Pinarello has developed ForkStopper technology that allows for the use of a more correct geometry but also protects both the frame and components in the event of a fall or crash. The DOGMA XC 9.9 offers also solutions for cable management and transmission efficiency. Internal cable routing keeps a clean line but also makes for a longer lasting transmission as mud, water and grime are kept away from the cables. An integrated front derailleur mount has also been strategically placed on the asymmetric seat tube. Great shifting performance on the front derailleur can only be obtained with the correct angles for any given component a consumer may choose to mount. With this in mind Pinarello has developed a system that offers two routing options on the same frame; one specifically designed for SRAM and the other for Shimano.
- Fork: FOX 32 29er fork included with frameset.
- Headset: Pinarello Internal headset included with framset
- Rear Stay: Onda XC™ Carbon 60HM1K very interesting in how it is designed to be stiff yet offer comfort.
- B.Bracket: PF30 Press FIT
- Weight for raw frame: 1050gr (Size M)
- $3,499.99 with 90 mm Fox Fork