The Race Face Atlas FR X-Type crankset is awesome, except for loosing the self-puller. Everything else is solid, light, well designed, well labeled and works. I would recommend these cranks, especially the 165mm for low bottom bracket dh bikes, to anyone looking to save weight and have a solid crankset.
4.5 out of 5 Stars
$300-$345 price range is a bit on the high side for some folks, but given the other cranks in this price range the Altas FR shows its value in the weight to strength ratio and durability. Though at $300 I would have liked to not have to now deal with the irritation of ordering another self-puller cap but it is not a critical component to the function of the cranks, as long as I don’t want to take them out.
4 out of 5 Stars
I’ve got to knock off a point because of the self-puller backing out. Just some simple lock tight please Race Face! What is funny, I was prepared to give these a 5 and 5 review, really I couldn’t find any wrong in 4 months of bashing these around, until the day the review was do! HA, life is funny.
|A word from Race Face: Designed for long travel bikes, the ATLAS FR is a limited edition product, engineered for riders that want a lightweight, FR/DH specific crank. Sharing many design & style features from our original ATLAS AM crank, the ATLAS FR crank is designed specifically for FR/DH, Super D and Enduro DH racing.• A true FR/DH race crank – light enough for fast pedaling & strong enough for descents.
• CNC machined in our British Columbia, Canada manufacturing facility.
• Manufactured from OPTIM-AL, over 20% stronger compared to the commonly used 7050 alloy.
• Un-matched strength to weight ratio compared to other manufacturer’s FR/DH cranks.
• Thick walled, heat treated CroMo spindle.
• Bearings feature our new custom triple wiper seal to better retain grease & keep contaminants out.
• Bearings are factory filled with Phil Wood waterproof grease – tested & proven to extend bearing life.
• 6mm of chainline adjustment – ideal for chainguide compatibility.
• Removable granny ring spider for improved chainguide clearance.
Manufacturer Link: www.raceface.com