From the manufacturer:
The combination of BWC geometry, APS suspension, and 29er wheels boosts your confidence to attack any obstacle on the trail. The relaxed angles, low center of gravity, wide bars and short stem give you the control you need, be it in steep technical sections or at high speed. The big wheels help you with increased stability at high speed, to better roll over in technical sections and provide enormous grip.
While many thought the combination of big travel, 29er wheels and short chainstays was impossible, BMC proves the contrary with the trailfox. Sure, this was not an easy task. As always, BMC took the chal- lenge and invested our engineering power to achieve this goal. Why? Because it is exactly what we wanted to ride! The short chainstays in combination with a short stem and low bottom bracket are key to the agility you experience on the trailfox. This agility in combination with the sure-footedness of the big wheels allows you to play with the terrain on a whole new level.
While the trailfox has grown in downhill capability, it has maintained its notorious climbing efficiency. The 29er wheels reduce rolling resistance and increase grip, while the APS suspension offers the best traction and optimized power transfer thanks to its anti-squat characteristics. The TF03 frame is made of triple butted and hydroformed aluminium and its stiffness remains identical to the full carbon TF01 model.
Attention to Detail
When developing the new trailfox, no corners were cut. We looked into every detail to provide the options you might want while keeping the bike clean and sleek. A clever internal cable routing system allows any configuration you could wish for. Our proprietary chain management system makes sure you never drop a chain. A low stand over height adds even more confidence but we still found enough room for a piggy- back shock and bottle cage. For those who want to ride single chainring the FD mount can be removed and ISCG mounts provide the option to mount a chain guide. Because the cockpit is so essential for the han- dling, we developed our own handlebar as part of the Big Wheel Con- cept for the trailfox.
BMC TF01 Low Standover Height.jpg
- APS suspension, 150mm travel
- 12x142mm rear axle
- Frame weight: 2490 g including all hardware
- Hardware includes: Rear shock, frame protections, chain guide, chain catcher, bolts, seat clamp, and rear wheel axle.
- Shock dimensions: 200x57mm
- Injection molded chain stay and down tube protections
- Optional and replaceable front derailleur hanger
- Bottom bracket – BB90 Shimano Press fit + ISCG05 tabs
- Integrated Chain guide – Refer to specific manual
- Initial load indicator – Convenient SAG adjustment
- Tapered Headset – 1-1/8” to 1-1/2”
- Natural born post mount
- Designed for 180mm discs
- Maximum 203mm rotors
- Replaceable threaded inserts
- Cable routing
- Internal cable routing in the down tube
- Internal cable routing for reverb stealth seat post
For more information visit www.bmc-racing.com.