The Bantam is the latest member of the Santa Cruz 27.5 wheel family and it is the 130mm version of the 160mm travel Heckler.
The Santa Cruz Bronson got a shorter travel sibling in the Santa Cruz Solo, so the Heckler gets a shorter travel sibling too with the Santa Cruz Bantam.
It is a single pivot design similar to the Heckler, but it sports a shorter travel of 130mm for a bit more cross-country and trail applications. It’s a capable descender but not everyone needs 160mm of travel, so the Bantam is solution for those that want less.
The Bantam is a bit quicker and is a better climber than the Heckler, but it shares the price at $1299 for the frame. It doesn’t really cost them less to produce a bike with lesser travel, so they just matched the price of the Heckler. The Bantam features a water bottle mount inside the front triangle so the down tube had to be moved to accommodate this.
With complete bikes starting at $2599, the Bantam with a proven single pivot suspension design, is sure to be a hit with value oriented buyers looking for a trail bike.
125mm of single-pivot suspension and a robust collet pivot axle system create a rock-solid trail tool that’s as awesomely simple as it is tough.
27.5″ wheels deliver those fabled rolling benefits without compromising maneuverability, leaving the Bantam fired-up to go the distance if you are.
- Total frame weight: 6.87 lb (3.12 kg) M size with Fox Float CTD evolution shock.
- 5” (125mm) single-pivot travel.
- 27.5” wheels.
- Dual bottle cage mounts.
- New 142mm x 12mm rear axle spacing – easier wheel installation.
- Collet axle pivot – locks in place without pinch bolts.
- Angular contact bearings maximize stiffness.
- Standard or direct mount rear derailleur hanger.
- ISCG-05 chainguide compatibility.
- 73mm threaded BB for creak-free riding and easy installation.
- Two color options: Gloss green w/white decals and Satin black w/white decals
- Complete bikes starting at $2,599 (US) / $2,999 (CAN) for D-AM kit.
- Frame $1,299 (US) / $1,450 (CAN) with Fox Float CTD evolution shock.
For more information visit, www.santacruzbicycles.com/bantam.