The Gemini Olympia is the most powerful in the Gemini line. It has a nice, big beam pattern that measured 1477 in the integrating sphere. It doesn’t quite live up to its claims of 2100 lumens. Price is $300 for this 392 gram system that can be mounted on the bar or the helmet.
- Price: $300
- Claimed Lumens: 2100 Lumens
- Measured Lumens: 1477 Lumens
- Measured MTBR Lux: 153 Lux
- Lumens per $: 4.92 Lumens
- Lumens per gram: 3.77 Lumens
- Time on High: 2:20 Hours
- Charge Time: 4 Hours
- Mounted Weight: 392 grams
- Category: High End
- Big, bright and clean beam pattern
- Excellent construction
- 85 gram light head makes it ideal for either bar or helmet use
- Impressive programmability gives the light a lot of range for different applications
- Good value light
- Flexibility with battery options
- Grossly overstated 2100 Lumen claim
- $300 is a lot for this light compared to the new crop of lights available
This is the standard rubber strap style a few different sized bands included. Helmet mount comes with pipe attachments that can be mounted near the front of the helmet to mate with the rubber strap. This can be aimed left to right.
Mtbr Light Meter Measurements
This light measured 153 Lux on our ambient light measurement facility. The light output measurement is performed by placing a Lux light meter beside the light. Both are pointed at the ceiling (five feet above) of a dark room. This measurement uses the ambient light produced by the bike light.
Integrating Sphere Measured Lumens
This light measured 1477 Lumens in an integrating sphere. Claimed Lumens by the manufacturer is 2100 Lumens. The Lumen-hour graph below shows how the light performs over the first three minutes of its battery cycle.
Tunnel Beam Pattern Photo
The location is useful since it has walls and a ceiling that can display a bike light beam pattern. The walls have a lot of graffiti on them and actually show detail when they are lit up by a light with a wide angle. Cones and targets are set up with the far target set up at 120 feet.
For more information visit gemini-lights.com.
2014 Tunnel Beam Pattern Comparisons »
2014 Mtbr Lumen Tests »
2013 Bike Lights Shootout »
2012 Bike Lights Shootout »
Mtbr Lights Reviews »
Mtbr Lights Forum »
Do you own the Gemini Lights Olympia 2100? Help us become a better resource and write a review!