The overall feel of the TS8R 150 Fix felt vastly improved from its predecessor (a.k.a. The Thor), and the improved seals, surface bushings, and slippery stanchions, give a silky-smooth stroke without any noticeable notchiness or stiction. Those new improvements along with other internal changes, offered an incredible ride, with plushness and resiliency, while still retaining a rock-solid platform and stability. The DAD gives the front end excellent control, response and steering, and its synergy with the rest of the internals kept the wheel plastered to the ground, with great traction and braking, whether you’re climbing, cornering or dropping into gnarly terrain. It has some nice features, like the PM 7″ disc mount, the protective caps on the bottom of the fork legs and an air pressure vs. body weight chart decal on the stanchion. If you pushed the fork to high speeds, it lost some composure, and though it was plenty stiff, it still wasn’t a 36mm fork. Large and tall 27.5″ tire will fit, but tend to scrape the bottom of the arch, so they’re not feasible to use, and I’d like to see some increased spacing so that any tire will work (Note: Magura is working on new 27.5″ lowers).
The TS8R 150 Fix has simple tuning, excellent plushness, great stiffness, is light and reasonably priced, which all combine for a very sweet fork.
- Excellent control and steering attributes
- Great traction and braking characteristics
- DAD – effective stiffness
- Superb plush ride
- Albert Select+ damping
- Simple Tuning
- $850 Price
- DAD can collect dirt and debris
- Won’t fit large or tall 27.5″ tires
- Not the best at extreme speeds
- Albert Select+ can be tricky to adjust on the fly
- Mini gripes – wish they had a 160mm travel option and 20mm axle
Overall Rating: 4.5 Flamin’ Chili Peppers
TS8R 150 Fix Specs:
- MSRP: $849
- Albert Select+ damping with more progressive spring curve featuring optimized damping through the complete speed range or DLO² with dynamic lockout
- Spring: Air
- Travel: 150mm
- Superstiff 32 mm upper legs.
- Cold forged Aluminum 6082 T6 fork crown with integrated cablestops for the optional RCL² remote control.
- 15 mm thrux-axle system with q/r.
- All adjuster knobs made of high quality aluminum.
- Bolted hose guide for judder-free brake hose routing.
- Protection Caps on lower leg.
- Steerer available in 1 1/8″ or 1 1/8″ – 1.5″ (tapered steerer).
- Adjustment possibilities | Adjustable platform compression damping (Albert Select+) or DLO² with dynamic lockout, rebound, preload (air pressure).
- Travel, weight | TS8 R 150 Fix 27.5″, 1,675g/3,69 lbs (with 15 mm Maxle lite™)
- Disc mounts | PM 7″
- Axle to crown length in mm | 530/520
- Other | Approved for disc brakes up to 210 mm/8.5″.
- Designed and manufactured in Germany.
- Color: Lower leg and Fork bridge: White