The Blast Gloves have turned out to be a surprise for me, since they have been impressively durable and long lived, and very comfortable. I am usually a destroyer of gloves, especially on the finger tips, but so far the gloves have been pretty tough, and I have yet to tear them. The inside of the middle and trigger fingers have some splotches of a sticky material (Silicon) to help adhere to the brakes and grips. The gloves use a .8mm thick Clarino, with very little padding, which helps immensely with the tactile feel on the grips, brakes and shifting, almost like you weren’t wearing any gloves. I have taken a few good tumbles, and landed directly on the gloves, and it did nothing to them. On some long rides additional padding would be nice, but it’s always a compromise for either tactile feel or comfort. The backside of the glove uses a mesh material, which is flexible and comfortable, and is porous enough to provide ventilation, but still be warm on colder days. The outside of the thumb has a soft microfiber section, which was extremely functional for wiping up sweat, and other bodily fluids.
“A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly, without any choice. That’s the way your hard-core Commie works.”
When putting the gloves on, there is an extremely useful rubbery tab by the palm for pulling, and then for wrist closure, it has a Velcro strap to tighten them down, which is easy to use with gloved fingers. The Blast Gloves are pretty sweet, offering amazing durability and robustness for a thin glove, with excellent tactile feel, comfort and ease of use. Primo!
- Pull on tab
- Velcro closure
- Well made
- Light colored material shows stains easily – not much of a issue, but I had to put something!
Overall Rating: 5 Flamin’ Chili Peppers
Blast Glove Specs:
- MSRP $34.95
- Sizes -X Small, Small, Medium, Large, X Large, XX Large
- Colors – White, Red, Blue, Black
- Visit the Blast Glove website
- Description: Blast by name – Blast by nature – this glove is racked with performance features. Check out the palm – no unnecessary padding – just .8mm perforated Clarino with embossed Silicon fingertips and roll-over fingertip detail. The back of the hand features 3D primo mesh for maximum flexibility and comfort. A microfiber thumb-wipe is a great added touch, as are the direct-inject logos which provide great flexibility without compromising comfort. A TPR wrist closure and low profile hook and loop closure complete the profile.