The Epic jersey is made with an light open weaved Polyester, and has long meshed side panels, which combine for great stretchiness, ventilation and wicking capabilities. It’s a pretty simple unit, but looks are deceiving, as it has quite a few highly functional features. The jersey is nice and loose, and drapes pleasantly down your torso with a drop tail, and offers excellent comfort and maneuverability. It has a short 1/4 zipped front, which helps with temperature adjustment, and a decently high collar, that snugs up on the neck for inclement weather. On the inside of the jersey’s hem, by the right hip is a small section (5×6 inches) of optical wiping material, which is great to clean sunglasses or a camera lens. It has a zippered rear pocket that sits down low enough not to get in the way of a pack, so it is highly functional and can actually be used. The Polyester material wicks pretty well, and even when you get soaked on your back, it dries very quickly. I liked the graphics, since they were sort of interesting, without calling out that you are a walking advertisement board. The lightly weaved material did show some slight fraying and pilling by the hydration wear zones, but it appeared to be a cosmetic issue?
The Epic is a great jersey, that is comfortable and stretchy, with excellent ventilation and wicking properties, and a useful rear pocket and a optical wiping pad.
- Excellent venting, wicking and drying
- Lower back pocket
- Optical wiping material,
- Fraying and pilling by the hydration wear zones
- Long term durability of the light material?
Overall Rating: 4 Flamin’ Chili Peppers
Epic Jersey Specs:
- MSRP $54.95
- Sizes – Small, Small, Medium, Large, X Large, XX Large
- Colors – Red, Blue, Green
- Visit the Epic Jersey website
- Description – Made from 100% moisture wicking Polyester and featuring sublimated no fade graphics, a rear zipped pocket, ¼ zip front, inside hem optic wipe and mesh side panels along with our signature drop tail design make the Epic Jersey… Epic!