Experience Sea Otter in a whole new way through an action photography clinic with renowned photographer Ian Hylands.
Join Ian at the beautiful Four-Star Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa on historic Cannery Row and learn everything from proper digital workflow to the basics of composition and lighting. This clinic is a must for every photographer who wants to take their digital photography to the next level.
The clinic includes 9 hours of classroom time over 3 days and two days of shooting at the Sea Otter event. The classroom sessions will cover everything from the basics of setting up your digital workflow to techniques for improving the light and composition in your photos. Composition is one of the most important considerations in taking a great photo and the clinic will include everything from the basics to advanced compositional techniques. Attendees will also learn how to best use natural light and flash techniques for action photography.
Take what you’ve learned in the classroom out into the real world and shoot photos at the Sea Otter event, followed by a critique session at the beginning of the evening classroom session. You’ll be able to shoot what you want at the event, however there will be a photo shoot arranged with a professional athlete on one of the days if you’re interested.
As an added bonus Ian will give you the opportunity to create a custom camera profile for your DSLR during the first class.
* Basic workflow and digital photography best practices
* Working with color and creating a custom camera profile
* Composition, the difference between creating an image and simply snapping a photo
* The basic fundamentals of light
* Flash techniques for action photography
* Hands on shooting demonstration with professional athlete
* Personal critique of images from the clinic
* Three 3-hour classroom sessions including individual critiques.
* Access to the Sea Otter Classic as well as a media pass. This will entitle you to lunch on Friday and Saturday at the event.
* Photo shoot at the event with a professional athlete on Friday or Saturday
* Custom Camera Profile for your DSLR
Food and accommodation are your own responsibility however we can offer you a reduced rate at the Monterey Plaza Hotel as part of the clinic.
Dates and Times: Clinic classroom sessions will be April 15-17 from 7PM-10PM
Location: The clinic will be held at the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa on historic Cannery Row.
Equipment: You are responsible for providing your own DSLR camera and laptop computer for this clinic. Adobe Lightroom will be used for demonstrations in class, however clinic content is applicable to most software.
Cost: The cost of the clinic will be $750.00 (Please note that this does not include accommodation or food other than mentioned above)
For more information please contact Ian at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on registering for this clinic.