Chrome Partners with Juxtapoz Magazine for Ricky Powell Photo Giveaway & Auction
In Support Of The New York Bike Messengers Foundation, Chrome & Juxtapoz Come Together For Epic Art and Bike Giveaway & Auction
San Francisco, Calif. (October 10, 2011) – Chrome, the world’s leading manufacturer of bike messenger bags, footwear and urban cycling apparel, today announces a partnership with Juxtapoz Art & Culture Magazine for the JUXTAPOZ x CHROME Presents Ricky Powell Photo Giveaway & Auction. In conjunction with the release of Chrome’s annual zine, WRENCHED NYC, Chrome & Juxtapoz are excited to announce a very special giveaway including a signed and framed original print by WRENCHED-featured artist, Ricky Powell, backpack and shoes from Chrome and a years subscription to Juxtapoz magazine.
Simultaneously launching is the online eBay auction where the public can bid on framed prints from more of the WRENCHED-featured posse: Ricky Powell, David “Shadi” Perez and TAK. 100% of the proceeds from the auction will go to the New York Bike Messengers Foundation, which helps messengers who have been injured on the job.
The Fine Print:
- Entry deadline: October 15th, 2011
- Where to enter: http://tinyurl.com/winRICKY
- Where to buy (eBay auction): http://tinyurl.com/JuxWRENCHEDauction
- Ricky Powell (http://rickypowell.com/): Known around the world as ‘the 4th Beastie Boy’, Powell has photographed some of the best known rap and hip hop artists of all time. His photographs focus on the organic city seeker, simultaneously conveying intimacy and detachment, as they provide a unique lens through which to evaluate the mundane.
- David “Shadi” Perez (http://www.shadinyc.com/): Known for his ability to capture the spirit of whomever appears before his lens, Shadi’s vision is nothing less than stark, engaging, and consistently provocative.
- Takuya “TAK” Sakamoto (http://newyorkbikedreams.com/): Since his move from Japan to New York City in the late 90’s, TAK explores what it means to be a true New Yorker through the mediums of professional bike messengery and photography.“We’re very excited to partner with Juxtapoz on this giveaway and auction,” says Chrome Director of Marketing, Matt Sharkey. “It’s a perfect combination of everything we love: music, photography, street art, bikes, and community. In addition to that, we get to benefit the New York Bike Messengers Foundation and give back directly to the community that has supported us for so many years.”
For more information, please visit: http://tinyurl.com/winRICKY
Founded in 1995, San Francisco-based Chrome is the leading manufacturer of durable, utilitarian bags for city living from Brooklyn to Berlin to Tokyo. Made in the U.S.A and sold in over 600 retail stores worldwide, Chrome has expanded to include footwear and apparel for men and women. You can visit Chrome at their retail shops in San Francisco
Source: Corinne Avganim