We are proud to announce that Specialized Bicycles have partnered with SoCal Endurance for 2010! Specialized will be our headlining sponsor and be on board to support the races and riders at all our events. I am very excited knowing the passion and dedication that Specialized brings to the table.
Having a world leader in the cycling industry in our corner is a phenomenal resource. Both of our companies will be striving to give our riders the best experience possible! The professionalism and true dedication to our riders is what it is all about! We here at team SoCal Endurance look forward to a great partnership and an amazing 2010!
- Happy New Year to all our Racers and our Support Folks! 2009 was an awesome year thanks to all of you. We at SoCal Endurance are looking forward to an even better 2010! We are starting the year with the first of our 3 part race series, “12 Hours Of Temecula #1!” It will take place on January 23rd. While this is the first in a 3 race series, each race is also scored individually as well. But then for those participating in the series, each race is also tallied for the overall 2010 – 3 race championship!
About our lst race – January 23rd
- The course is set and marked for pre-riding. It looks like a barn burner, with super-fun, rollercoaster ridgelines and fast flowing single track! The average lap times are coming in at 1 hour. Registration is now open and filling up fast. Teams are coming in from across the nation and even from overseas. We are excited about the “International Flavor”! Some of our favorite top pros like David “ Tinker” Juarez will be joining us to start the new year!
- Family Fun at Vail! Vail Lake Resort offers tons of neat stuff for everyone. You’ll find biking trails, swimming pools, fishing pond, horseback riding, and some of the best hiking in SoCal! The kids’ race will kick off at 12:00 noon on Saturday. This is open to kids 12 and under and everyone who participates receives prizes. It’s a FREE super fun event! We are excited also to have The Young Marines coming out and serving up lunch and dinner from their mobile commando kitchen. Lunch will be available from 11:00 am till 2:00 pm and dinner from 4:00 pm till 6:30 pm. You can find the full menu at: http://socalendurance.com/12hrsoftemeculapage1.html .
- Registration on Race Day will begin at 6:00 a.m. on January 23rd and close at 8:00 a.m. PLEASE help us out and go to: http://socalendurance.com/12hrsoftemeculapage1.html and print out your waivers for all teammates racing on January 23rd. Make sure to sign and date them and bring them with you. This will help us save time during the early morning registration rush. IMPORTANT: Each teammate must be present at check in and packet pick up. We cannot register your team without everyone present. Then, at 8:30 a.m. we will have a mandatory racer meeting right by the Start / Finish line. All racers need to attend! Please note: Lights will be mandatory on the trails at 4:30 pm. Also, please bring cold weather and rain gear, just in case!
- All camping reservations and camping check-in will be with Vail Lake Resort directly. To get a campsite please go to www.vaillakeresort.com
The pit areas are first come, first served. You can also come the evening prior and take claim to your spot! If you are not sure where a good spot is, check with the race staff and they can help. Please note this race is rain or shine. The only way this race would be cancelled would be because of safety concerns. That will be determined by the race promoter who has final say in all things regarding the race.
- This year we have opened a few new races for all you trail riders and trail rippers! Look forward to The SoCal Super D Stage Races. There will be 2 separate weekends for this new style of stage racing. The first weekend will be July 24th, 2010 and the second is September 4th, 2010.
- The SoCal Super D Stage Race is a 1 day event consisting of 3 Super D races on 3 different courses! For more info check out: http://socalendurance.com/SUPERDSTAGERACE.html
These are set to be some of the most exciting and challenging races in SoCal!
- 2009 was the first inaugural, our “SoCal Fat Tire Epic 50 “West Coast Marathon Championships. It was a great start to a soon-to-be Classic! Some of the top pros in the nation were battling it out for cash on some of the best trails in SoCal. The coveted Champion Jerseys were awarded and champions were crowned. The October 2nd 2010 “SoCal Fat Tire Epic 50” is set and momentum is building. We have had some amazing feedback for the Marathon Race and we have taken it all to heart. So for the “2010 Fat Tire Epic 50” we’ve made a few changes. We have added a 1 lap category and a 2 person team category! Both of these will prove to be very competitive and challenging. Watch for Registration for the “Fat Tire 50” to begin within the next month. Registration will be capped at 500 racers. For more info check out:
- Another great opportunity is to become part of our 2010 SoCal Endurance Club Team. Race and train with some of Southern California’s most fun and best athletes! Check out the team and how to join here: http://socalendurance.com/CLUBTEAM.html
We are excited about 2010 and the great biking opportunities ahead of us. We here at SoCal Endurance wish the best for you this year and hope to see you on the trails!
“Drop A Gear & Disappear “
source: Jason Ranoa